VSphere not deploying to the client RRS feed

• Question

• Sequencing VSphere client 4 goes great but when I try to deploy the application to the client it does not show up.  The osd looks fine. It imports into the Management console without error.  There are no logs in the eventvwr that shows the package cannot be streamed.. any ideas would be great.

Brian
    Friday, April 9, 2010 11:55 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Since you have a lack of error messages or that you are simply haven't explained the setup correctly yet I would start revisiting the setup and see why you should think that you would receive the application.

Are all the paths entered correctly?
    Are the access permissions setup properly and is your account given access?

/Znack

• Marked as answer by Big_B Monday, April 19, 2010 10:28 PM
    Friday, April 16, 2010 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

if vSphere doesn't show up in the log at  all, there might be a publishing issue like:

- The Application is not "Enabled"

- The Application is not assigned to the right User Group

- The App-V Management Server Refresh doesn't work at all any longer

On a Test client, could you completely remove one application (that worked before) and check if it appears again after a Publishing Refresh?

There is a log on the server as well - sft-server.log in "Logs" folder of the server's program directory.

Falko
    Monday, April 19, 2010 1:46 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Are you a member of the group that you assigned the application?

/Znack
    Saturday, April 10, 2010 6:38 AM
  • Yes i am... I can manually add the application in the App-v client and it works fine like that but not automatically
    Brian
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 3:28 AM
  • Hello,

Use the error message in the application log to find out what is happening. I believe error codes are explained in the sequencing whitepaper.

/Znack
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 9:02 AM
  • Hi,

I have also sequenced the Vsphere Client application. Kindly let me know if the dependency of Vsphere client are installed in the local pc. I also faced the same issue but after installing the dependencies the application worked fine. Also Check if the shortcut of application is loaded into sftcmc.msc and also the osd is downloaded to the osd cache location.

Kind Regards,

Yuvi.

Yuvaraj Subramanian
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 5:17 PM
  • at the moment I am having issues getting the client visable on the machine automatically.  If I manually add the application through the app-v client console and the vsphere app works just fine without installing the pre-reqs on the local pc.
    Brian
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 5:51 PM
  • znack,

I just reviewed the log again just incase i misses something the sftlog does not reference the guid or the app name until I launch it from the share.  its like the clients do not see that it exists.

Brian
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 6:08 PM
  • Hello;

Have you assigned yourself the application?

/Znack
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:42 PM
  • Hello;

Have you assigned yourself the application?

/Znack
    Sunday, April 11, 2010 8:42 PM
  • If using the App-V Management Server:

Could you go to the App-V Client Management Console / Publishing Server node. Then Select your Publishing Server and hit "Refresh".

Post the last few lines of the App-V Client log (sftlog.txt) here

Falko
    Monday, April 12, 2010 2:26 PM
  • I am part of the group, i can launch the app by double clicking the .osd file... but the client is not being delivered to the client... here is the end of the sft log...

[04/12/2010 18:45:37:669 SWAP WRN] {tid=BA0:usr=rbowles}
    Could not load OSD file \\NWH-APPVIRT-TST\CONTENT\MINDFUSION_XMLVIEWER_MNT\MINDFUSION_XMLVIEWER_MNT.osd

[04/12/2010 18:45:37:950 AMGR INF] {tid=BA0:usr=rbowles}
    The app manager could not create an application from '\\NWH-APPVIRT-TST\CONTENT\MINDFUSION_XMLVIEWER_MNT\MINDFUSION_XMLVIEWER_MNT.osd' (rc 0C404D64-00000003).

[04/12/2010 18:45:43:419 SWAP WRN] {tid=BA0:usr=rbowles}
    Could not load OSD file \\NWH-APPVIRT-TST\CONTENT\NWH_EMAIL_MNT\EMAILSETUP.osd

[04/12/2010 18:45:43:450 AMGR INF] {tid=BA0:usr=rbowles}
    The app manager could not create an application from '\\NWH-APPVIRT-TST\CONTENT\NWH_EMAIL_MNT\EMAILSETUP.osd' (rc 0C404D64-00000003).

[04/12/2010 18:45:49:857 SWAP WRN] {tid=6F0:usr=rbowles}
    Could not load OSD file \\NWH-APPVIRT-TST\CONTENT\MINDFUSION_XMLVIEWER_MNT\MINDFUSION_XMLVIEWER_MNT.osd

[04/12/2010 18:45:49:888 AMGR INF] {tid=6F0:usr=rbowles}
    The app manager could not create an application from '\\NWH-APPVIRT-TST\CONTENT\MINDFUSION_XMLVIEWER_MNT\MINDFUSION_XMLVIEWER_MNT.osd' (rc 0C404D64-00000003).

[04/12/2010 18:45:53:435 SWAP WRN] {tid=6F0:usr=rbowles}

[04/12/2010 18:45:53:466 AMGR INF] {tid=6F0:usr=rbowles}
    The app manager could not create an application from '\\NWH-APPVIRT-TST\CONTENT\NWH_EMAIL_MNT\EMAILSETUP.osd' (rc 0C404D64-00000003).

[04/12/2010 18:45:53:497 SWAP WRN] {tid=A74:usr=rbowles}

[04/12/2010 18:45:53:529 AMGR INF] {tid=A74:usr=rbowles}

[04/12/2010 18:45:57:435 SWAP WRN] {tid=A74:usr=rbowles}

[04/12/2010 18:45:57:451 AMGR INF] {tid=A74:usr=rbowles}

Brian
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 1:50 AM
  • Hello,

According to the sequencing whitepaper the last 10 digits in the error message are unique and therefore searchable.

So, by searching for them - I located this article;
    http://kbalertz.com/930834/SoftGrid-Client.aspx

/Znack
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 7:07 AM
  • Thanks for the article but those are apps i really do not care about...

I am more interested in why VSphere is not showing up on the computer and wondering if anyone else has experienced this type of behavior.  I am at a loss as to why I can add the client manually in the app-v client and manually create the shortcut.  The app will work fine however the app does not automatically stream to the desktops therefore no shortcuts appear.

Brian
    Tuesday, April 13, 2010 8:46 PM
  • Hello,

Since the error message for those applications indicate an issue with the global data directory I would begin by investing why it happens - it is not unlikely that the same problem also effects the vsphere client.

/Znack
    Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:02 AM
  • So i cleaned up the error's listed above in the log and still no vsphere client.
    Brian
    Friday, April 16, 2010 6:06 AM
  • Hello,

Since you have a lack of error messages or that you are simply haven't explained the setup correctly yet I would start revisiting the setup and see why you should think that you would receive the application.

Are all the paths entered correctly?
    Are the access permissions setup properly and is your account given access?

/Znack

Friday, April 16, 2010 6:47 AM
  • So, if you "cleaned up the error log" you should

- Restart your App-V Client (simply to get a significant entry/time stamp difference in the App-V CLient log)

-- The new section starts aroung a message like ---- The Application Virtualization Client service has been started, Version 4.6.0.1523,  ---- [This is a translated entry: I don't have an english client right now]

- Log on again

- Inspect/post the last part of the Log file again.

As Znack indicated, the error message above indicate that you have a _general_ issue with you environment. The fact that the App-V CLient can't process the "old" OSDs/Applications heavily indicates that it also can't process new ones.

Additionally, you could search the log for the name of the OSD file of vSphere.

Falko
    Friday, April 16, 2010 4:51 PM
  • I changed the logging level to verbose, and vsphere still does not show in the log.  The reason why the previous osd's could not be loaded was because there where some paths with ~% at the end.

Where would I go to figure out what this "general_issue" is.

Brian
    Saturday, April 17, 2010 8:02 PM
  • Hello,

There is a whitepaper explaining the refresh operation which would allow you to understand what is going on better.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/appvirtualization/cc843994.aspx

Since we have no knowledge of your environment, I'll also post two blogs which will give you some good reading;

http://blogs.technet.com/virtualworld

http://blogs.technet.com/appv/

/Znack

Sunday, April 18, 2010 12:47 AM
  • Thanks Znak,

To explain my environment... App-V has been POC since I started it in 2008 with 4.2 Softgrid.. The management server is a 2008 SP2 Std 32bit server and has been upgraded from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 and publishing 80 or so apps. 

Our clients, which all are Windows XP SP3 and have been upgraded from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 as well.  The database is a sql 2005 std running on a seperate machine. 

I will review the documents again just in case I have missed something.. I have not ran across this issue before, and ran out of ideas... In addition, I will post the OSD text below just in case I have missed something as well.

I substitued the server name with %correctserver%.. this is actually the correct server.. I checked that first. 

<SOFTPKG GUID="3A56B9F9-96C5-40FB-A7DD-C56C453D5966" NAME="VMware vSphere Client" VERSION="4">
      <IMPLEMENTATION>
        <CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://%CORRECTSERVER%:554/VMWARE_VSPHERECLIENTV4_MNT/VMWARE_VSPHERECLIENTV4_MNT.sft" GUID="97FD6CAD-6857-4FA8-8333-6160080C5512" PARAMETERS="" FILENAME="VSPHERE4.S01\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\VpxClient.exe" SYSGUARDFILE="VSPHERE4.S01\osguard.cp" SIZE="541487095" />
        <OS VALUE="Win2003Svr" />
        <OS VALUE="Win2003TS" />
        <OS VALUE="WinXP" />
        <OS VALUE="WinVista" />
        <OS VALUE="Win2008Svr" />
        <OS VALUE="Win2008TS" />
        <OS VALUE="Win7"/>
        <VM VALUE="Win32">
          <SUBSYSTEM VALUE="windows" />
        </VM>
        <VIRTUALENV TERMINATECHILDREN="FALSE">
          <ENVLIST />
          <POLICIES>
            <LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>TRUE</LOCAL_INTERACTION_ALLOWED>
          </POLICIES>
        </VIRTUALENV>
        <WORKINGDIR>%SFT_MNT%\VSPHERE4.S01\Virtual Infrastructure Client\Launcher\</WORKINGDIR>
      </IMPLEMENTATION>
      <DEPENDENCY>
        <CLIENTVERSION VERSION="4.5.0.0" />
      </DEPENDENCY>
      <MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>
        <SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%" FILENAME="VMware vSphere Client.lnk" OVERRIDDEN="FALSE" DISPLAY="VMware vSphere Client" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/VMWARE_VSPHERECLIENTV4_MNT Icons/VMWARE_VSPHERE_V4.ico" />
        <SHORTCUT LOCATION="%CSIDL_PROGRAMS%\VMware" FILENAME="VMware vSphere Client.lnk" OVERRIDDEN="FALSE" DISPLAY="VMware vSphere Client" ICON="%SFT_MIME_SOURCE%/VMWARE_VSPHERECLIENTV4_MNT Icons/VMWARE_VSPHERE_V4.ico" />
      </MGMT_SHORTCUTLIST>
      <MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>
        <PROGIDLIST />
        <FILEEXTENSIONLIST />
      </MGMT_FILEASSOCIATIONS>
      <ABSTRACT>WINDOWS XP SP3
    BRIAN BOWLES</ABSTRACT>
    </SOFTPKG>

Brian
    Monday, April 19, 2010 3:52 AM
  • Here is the project and changed the server name to %correctserver%.. the actual value is correct.

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no"?>
    <SEQUENCERPROJECT Version="(4.5.2.17140)">
     <PACKAGEFILE Path="VMWARE_VSPHERECLIENTV4_MNT.sft"/>
     <SHORTCUTS>
      <SHORTCUT Path="VMWARE_VSPHERE_V4.osd"/>
     </SHORTCUTS>
     <DEFAULTS>
      <DEFAULT Name="AdditionalVFSFiles" Value=""/>
      <DEFAULT Name="VirtualizeMSIService" Value="false"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="AllowMSI" Value="Yes"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="DisableVE" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="Rebase" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="VirtualServices" Value="Yes"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="ShowVariables" Value="Yes"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="FilesystemFlushActive" Value="Yes"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="FileManifestRequested" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="OSGuardLogging" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="OSGLogging" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="OSGLoggingOnly" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="OSGGlobalLogging" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="OSGGlobalAndOnly" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="GenerateMSIOnSave" Value="No"/>
      <DEFAULT Name="UseSecurityDescriptors" Value="No"/>
     </DEFAULTS>
     <PARSERITEMS>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="TEMPLATEXP" Replacement="%COMPUTERNAME%" Context="VRG_MAP" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="%CSIDL_ALTSTARTUP%" Replacement="%CSIDL_ALTSTARTUP%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\Application Data" Replacement="%CSIDL_APPDATA%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\APPLIC~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_APPDATA%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_ADMINTOOLS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\ADMINI~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_ADMINTOOLS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="%CSIDL_COMMON_ALTSTARTUP%" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_ALTSTARTUP%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\APPLIC~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\Desktop" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\DOCUME~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_DOCUMENTS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_FAVORITES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\FAVORI~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_FAVORITES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_PROGRAMS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_STARTMENU%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_STARTMENU%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_STARTUP%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_STARTUP%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Templates" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_TEMPLATES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1\TEMPLA~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_COMMON_TEMPLATES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\Desktop" Replacement="%CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\Desktop" Replacement="%CSIDL_DESKTOPDIRECTORY%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\Favorites" Replacement="%CSIDL_FAVORITES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\FAVORI~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_FAVORITES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts" Replacement="%CSIDL_FONTS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts" Replacement="%CSIDL_FONTS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\Local Settings\Application Data" Replacement="%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\LOCALS~1\APPLIC~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\My Documents\My Pictures" Replacement="%CSIDL_MYPICTURES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\MYDOCU~1\MYPICT~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_MYPICTURES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\My Documents" Replacement="%CSIDL_PERSONAL%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\MYDOCU~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_PERSONAL%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\Start Menu\Programs" Replacement="%CSIDL_PROGRAMS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\STARTM~1\Programs" Replacement="%CSIDL_PROGRAMS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Program Files" Replacement="%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Program Files\Common Files" Replacement="%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES_COMMON%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\PROGRA~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\SendTo" Replacement="%CSIDL_SENDTO%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\SendTo" Replacement="%CSIDL_SENDTO%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\Start Menu" Replacement="%CSIDL_STARTMENU%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\STARTM~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_STARTMENU%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" Replacement="%CSIDL_STARTUP%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\STARTM~1\Programs\Startup" Replacement="%CSIDL_STARTUP%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\WINDOWS\system32" Replacement="%CSIDL_SYSTEM%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\WINDOWS\system32" Replacement="%CSIDL_SYSTEM%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer\Templates" Replacement="%CSIDL_TEMPLATES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1\TEMPLA~1" Replacement="%CSIDL_TEMPLATES%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="c:\{d8767da3-ef6d-44d4-ae2d-7bdb4f5c2823}" Replacement="%CSIDL_USER_WINDOWS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\WINDOWS" Replacement="%CSIDL_WINDOWS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\WINDOWS" Replacement="%CSIDL_WINDOWS%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\All Users" Replacement="%SFT_ALLUSERS_DIR%" Context="VFS_MAP" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\ALLUSE~1" Replacement="%SFT_ALLUSERS_DIR%" Context="VFS_MAP" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="R:" Replacement="%SFT_MNT%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="R:\VSPHERE4.S01" Replacement="%SFT_MNT%\VSPHERE4.S01" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="r:" Replacement="%SFT_MNT%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings" Replacement="%SFT_PROFILES_DIR%" Context="VFS_MAP" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1" Replacement="%SFT_PROFILES_DIR%" Context="VFS_MAP" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="S-1-5-21-1482476501-1844823847-839522115-1004" Replacement="%SFT_SID%" Context="VRG_MAP" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\Documents and Settings\sequencer" Replacement="%USERPROFILE%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <SUBSTITUTION Pattern="C:\DOCUME~1\SEQUEN~1" Replacement="%USERPROFILE%" Context="MAP_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataUser"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_APPDATA%\Microsoft\Crypto" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_COMMON_APPDATA%\Microsoft\Crypto" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_COOKIES%" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_HISTORY%" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_INTERNET_CACHE%" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA%" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_PERSONAL%" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_PROFILE%\Local Settings" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_PROFILE%\NTUSER.DAT.LOG" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_RECENT%" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\Debug\" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\Temp\" Context="EXC_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\WinSxS\ManifestCache" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\WindowsUpdate.log" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="%TMP%" Context="EXC_BOTH" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="A:\RECYCLER\" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="C:\PROGRA~1\MI2CC3~1" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="C:\PROGRA~1\MI2CC3~1\Logs" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Sequencer\Logs" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="C:\RECYCLER\" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="D:\RECYCLER\" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="R:\RECYCLER\" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="R:\Scratch" Context="VFS_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Cryptography" Context="VRG_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="\REGISTRY\USER\%SFT_SID%\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\StreamMRU" Context="VRG_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
      <EXCLUSION Pattern="\REGISTRY\USER\%SFT_SID%\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams" Context="VRG_EXC" Type="PSR_DataSystem"/>
     </PARSERITEMS>
     <DEFAULTOSD>&lt;SOFTPKG&gt;&lt;IMPLEMENTATION&gt;&lt;CODEBASE HREF="RTSP://%CorrectServer%:554/VMWARE_VSPHERECLIENTV4_MNT/VMWARE_VSPHERECLIENTV4_MNT.sft" GUID="97FD6CAD-6857-4FA8-8333-6160080C5512" SYSGUARDFILE="VSPHERE4.S01\osguard.cp" SIZE="541487095"/&gt;&lt;OS VALUE="Win2003Svr"/&gt;&lt;OS VALUE="Win2003TS"/&gt;&lt;OS VALUE="Win2008Svr"/&gt;&lt;OS VALUE="Win2008TS"/&gt;&lt;OS VALUE="Win7"/&gt;&lt;OS VALUE="WinVista"/&gt;&lt;OS VALUE="WinXP"/&gt;&lt;VIRTUALENV&gt;&lt;ENVLIST/&gt;&lt;/VIRTUALENV&gt;&lt;/IMPLEMENTATION&gt;&lt;DEPENDENCY&gt;&lt;CLIENTVERSION VERSION="4.5.0.0"/&gt;&lt;/DEPENDENCY&gt;&lt;PACKAGE NAME="VMWARE_VSPHERECLIENTV4_MNT"/&gt;&lt;ABSTRACT&gt;WINDOWS XP SP3
    BRIAN BOWLES&lt;/ABSTRACT&gt;&lt;/SOFTPKG&gt;
    </DEFAULTOSD>
     <DELETEDOBJECTS>
      <DELETEDOBJECT Type="Shortcut" FileName="%csidl_programs%\vmware\vsphere host update utility 4.0.lnk"/>
     </DELETEDOBJECTS>
    </SEQUENCERPROJECT>

Brian
    Monday, April 19, 2010 3:56 AM
  • Hi,

if vSphere doesn't show up in the log at  all, there might be a publishing issue like:

- The Application is not "Enabled"

- The Application is not assigned to the right User Group

- The App-V Management Server Refresh doesn't work at all any longer

On a Test client, could you completely remove one application (that worked before) and check if it appears again after a Publishing Refresh?

There is a log on the server as well - sft-server.log in "Logs" folder of the server's program directory.

Falko
    Monday, April 19, 2010 1:46 PM
  • Well just got it to work but the fix scares me and i have to run diags on AD. 

So the group authorized in the management console is TST_VMWARE_V25.  In AD, the members of TST_VMWARE_V25 was another group called APPV_IMS_ADMINS.  APPV_IMS_ADMINS is also part of other IT apps such as ADUC, DNS Management Console, Etc.., and these apps are streamed to the client without error even after refresh.  I thought that since I am part of the APPV_IMS_ADMINS group well there should not be a problem.  I added another group that I was part of in the TST_VMWARE_V25 application group and I received the icon.. Now I have to figure out what is happening with my appv_ims_group.

I do appreciate everyones help!!

Brian

Brian
    Monday, April 19, 2010 10:28 PM