room reservation - can't make a reservation directly from room calendar RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

what is the correct permission combination to permit a user to write on a room calendar but not to delete his own appointment? The appointment shoud visibile to everyone can access the room calendar. Thanks in advance.      

• Edited by ariz84 Friday, February 8, 2013 1:41 PM
    Friday, February 8, 2013 1:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Free/busy permission was the solution as I noticed yesterday: the wierd thing is that if I set full details read permission I have the problem. To make things work I had to set a lower permission level.

Anyway all done.

Thanks to all

• Marked as answer by Zi Feng Friday, February 15, 2013 2:19 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:17 AM

All replies

• Contributor ( and verify Folder Visible is checked as well) should work.

Twitter!:

Friday, February 8, 2013 2:43 PM
  • Hi ariz84

Did you try from Andy?

Also, below blog might help to understand more clearly,it is using Command to set the permission

http://blog.powershell.no/2010/09/20/managing-calendar-permissions-in-exchange-server-2010/

“Managing calendar permissions in Exchange Server 2010”

Set-MailboxFolderPermission -identity Username:\Calendar -User User -AccessRights Contributor

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 11, 2013 7:40 AM
  • Thanks for you replies,

@Andy If I set permission as you said I cannot book the room and I receive the message: "Cannot open the free/busy information. You do not have sufficent permission to perform the operation on this object".

I also tried to set "Full details on read" but nothing changed. I'm setting permission directly on the calendar properties. Shoud I do it also on the mailbox properties? Another weird thing: I tried to open the room mailbox from another mailbox which have full permission but it doesn't open correctly...

@Zi Feng: the command you gave are for exchange 2010 and seem not recognized in exchage 2007

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:25 AM
  • Another question: do I need to set something to access to a room mailbox from outlook? I can't open it. Is reset room mailbox password procedure the same as with standard users?

Regards

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:08 AM
  • Hi

Will this KB help you ?

See method 2: Modify the free/busy permissions for the resource mailbox

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930865/en-us

Cheers

Zi Feng
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:06 AM
  • Hi,

Free/busy permission was the solution as I noticed yesterday: the wierd thing is that if I set full details read permission I have the problem. To make things work I had to set a lower permission level.

Anyway all done.

Thanks to all

• Marked as answer by Zi Feng Friday, February 15, 2013 2:19 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:17 AM