none
Access 2007 and 2010 charts run extremely slow RRS feed

• Question

• I and others in my agency have experienced an extreme slow down in running reports that have charts within the report. These reports ran ok in 2003 but the problem started with 2007. Updating to 2010 did not help.

All office updates have been applied. XP, Vista Windows 7 all have the same problem.

I have checked the underlying query and it runs fast. I have even deleted the chart within the report and it still runs slow (several minutes). Also it takes a very lone time saving these reports (several minutes). This is a one page report.

The access database itself is on my local hard drive, however it does access linked data. But since the query runs fast so I don't think this is an issue.

Other reports using the same queries without charts run normally and save normally.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 3:29 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Create a new, blank ACCDB file and IMPORT everything from the old MDB file into it. Converting has issues. Importing should help some. Some things could have to do with the design but at least opening it, this should help.  Meanwhile, multiple versions installed can cause a delay - especially when you throw 2007/2010 up against 2003.

If the issue still persists, please check this:

http://www.blueclaw-db.com/access_consultant_rapid.htm

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it does help.

Best Regards,

Nick Wan

• Marked as answer by Nick Wan Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:36 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 5:25 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Create a new, blank ACCDB file and IMPORT everything from the old MDB file into it. Converting has issues. Importing should help some. Some things could have to do with the design but at least opening it, this should help.  Meanwhile, multiple versions installed can cause a delay - especially when you throw 2007/2010 up against 2003.

If the issue still persists, please check this:

http://www.blueclaw-db.com/access_consultant_rapid.htm

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Hope it does help.

Best Regards,

Nick Wan

• Marked as answer by Nick Wan Tuesday, July 19, 2011 5:36 AM
    Friday, July 15, 2011 5:25 AM
  • I created a new accdb and imported every object, ran the reports in question and that seemed to have no affect.
    Allen Franklin
    Tuesday, July 19, 2011 1:03 PM