Error Code 8024200D updates installation failed RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Windows Update tells me that there's an update for my server. I tried installing it for a couple time however, it keeps failing.

It gives me the error "Some updateds were not installed" & Error found Code 8024200D

I'm not sure what the error is, as I am updating the server manuall using the windows update.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,

Ken

Thursday, November 4, 2010 6:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting here.

According the error code , this mean that an update did not finish downloading or installing.

Please check if it worked with manually download the hotfix package from the microsoft web site and then install it on this machine.

If it not worked ,then please try stop the Windows Update service, rename the c:\windows\software distribution folder, start the Windows Update services and the folder gets re-created, check for updates again. 

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 5, 2010 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Ken,

Thanks for posting here.

According the error code , this mean that an update did not finish downloading or installing.

Please check if it worked with manually download the hotfix package from the microsoft web site and then install it on this machine.

If it not worked ,then please try stop the Windows Update service, rename the c:\windows\software distribution folder, start the Windows Update services and the folder gets re-created, check for updates again. 

Thanks.

Tiger Li

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 5, 2010 6:52 AM
  • Hi Ken

Since last sunday, when i reloaded windows visa, i noticed when i turned PC off , there were always 6 new upgrades for downloading.. When i checked, i found they were always the same 6 . and failing each time.. with error message 8024200D . Having checked all that Microsoft suggested ( not much ) , i scoured the net , and found lots of references to this code, but no answers.. then i found a note from a Korean guy, who said he had the same problem , after downloading Korean language module.. I checked my last successful download, and it was a chinese language pack i had instaslled.. after that everything had failed with 8024200D error. I removed chinese language pack, and tried the first download , which had failed numerous times// and BINGO.. no problems.. It could be , if you check you last successful download , and uninstall it , and try the first one that failed, it may then work.. it may be the last successful downloas causing your problems...   

Thursday, November 18, 2010 9:45 PM
  • I  can reinstall the language pack, I suppose, but how do we get Microsoft to acknowledge they have a problem with windows updates?
    Friday, November 26, 2010 8:55 PM
  • Solutions to Fix Windows Update Error 8024200D on Window 7/Vista

1. Enter Windows Clean Boot mode

1)       Go to start menu and run MSCONFIG and press Enter key.

2)       On the pop-up System Configuration Utility Windows, select “services” menu and check “Hide All Microsoft Services”

3)       Click “Disable All” option and press ok. Restart your computer.

4)       Try again Windows update.

2. How to get back to normal mode from Windows Clean mode

1)       Go to start menu and run MSCONFIG and press Enter key.

2)       Click “General” tag and select “Normal Startup – load all devices and services”

3)       Click ok and restart your computer.

3. Use SFC /SCANNOW command to repair corrupted system files.

Go to start menu, run “CMD ” without quotation marks, input sfc /scannow in the pop-up command windows and press Enter. This command will scan every corner of your system, once it find any damaged or improper system files, it will pop up a prompt to ask you insert Windows setup disk to extract the correct system files to replace the damaged ones. If the system repair operation is successful, after restart, you can try again Windows Update.

Source from: http://blog.teesupport.com/how-to-guide-fix-windows-update-error-8024200d-on-windows-7vista/

Friday, August 5, 2011 11:00 PM
  • it seems to be not working at all... please inform me if you got a solution...
    Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:21 PM