none
Access Bitlocker Encrypted Flash Drive in OS X

Question

• Hi All,

I have been looking on the internet but can't find anything useful.

I protected data on my USB flash drive using Bitlocker in Windows. But of course I can't access it inside Apple OS X operating system. Yes I have a Windows VM running inside my MacBook and can access bitlocked flash drive this way, but this requires booting up Window VM and becomes frustrating most of the time.

Does anyone know any possible way to access bitlocked flash drive directly inside OS X?

If the answer is "No", then my request to Microsoft is to please make a Bitlocker Reader/Access tool for Mac OS X and make everyone's life easy. This will definitely increase number of Bitlocker users; a win-win situation!

Thanks

Monday, October 27, 2014 2:19 AM

Answers

All replies

• CPD

AFAIK there is no native way to do that.  You should be asking Apple to make said reader/Access tool after all it is the Mac that cannot do this.

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

Monday, October 27, 2014 2:28 AM
  • Why should this be requested to Apple for a technology developed and owned by Microsoft? A very good example for this is Remote Desktop client application for OS X by Microsoft. The same way, Microsoft should provide a Bitlocker client app for OS X!
    Monday, October 27, 2014 3:21 AM
  • CPD

Why else to make Macs more compatible with the rest of the computing world.  After all you are the one saying it should be developed.  MS developed it Apple just didnt port it over.

Monday, October 27, 2014 4:54 AM
  • Monday, October 27, 2014 10:14 PM
  • CPD

AFAIK there is no native way to do that.  You should be asking Apple to make said reader/Access tool after all it is the Mac that cannot do this.

That is backwards thinking - like saying Apple should make an app suite to read MS Office documents, rather than Microsoft making a version of their suite for the Macintosh OS.

• Proposed as answer by Thomas Lionel Thursday, March 01, 2018 11:37 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Thomas Lionel Thursday, March 01, 2018 11:38 AM
    Monday, August 08, 2016 2:18 PM
  • There is a tool apparently :
    https://www.m3datarecovery.com/mac-bitlocker/open-bitlocker-encrypted-usb-drive-mac-osx.html

I have never used it.

Thursday, March 01, 2018 11:38 AM