Control Panel UI Speed Gripe RRS feed

• Question

• I have configured my Start menu to show Control Panel as a fly-out menu.

When I click on the [ Control Panel > ] button it takes almost 2 full seconds for the list of control panel items to appear to the right of the button.  How the blazes in this day and age of giga computers can it possibly need to take that long?

My computer can execute literally billions of instructions per second.  My video card can do almost a trillion floating point instructions in one second.

The Control Panel list has what, a whole 60-ish items in it, each with a little icon and some text next to it.  It is LUDICROUS that on a modern computer it should take literally seconds to show the list of applets.  It takes REAL TALENT to be that wasteful!  Windows 1.0 on a PC from 1982 could populate the control panel faster than this.

Is it this slow for you too, or is something wrong here?

-Noel
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 1:08 AM

All replies

• Yes, about the same for me when I just tried it. If I open Control Panel, it takes less than 1/2 second so it has something to do with the flyout format. I also have a CP Icon on my desktop and double clicking on it opens it in less than 1/2 second as well.

Rich
    Sunday, November 29, 2009 1:38 AM