Cannot add subtask to a task RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

a strange thing has happened, I can not create a subtask on any site across the site collection, when I try to add a subtask, the quick edit mode opens up and when entering all fields, the red alert is visible to the left with the following message:

Sorry, you can't create a new item with Quick Edit because this view is missing one or more required columns. To create a new item, please click "New Item" or add required columns to this view.

Thanks for any help

regards

Martin

Thursday, August 29, 2013 11:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Martin,

I have faced the similar issue and identified that the dataformat what i have entered was wrong. Chances are there for datetime column as wella s people picker columns. Can you check again ....

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

Roy Joyson

• Marked as answer by tracycai Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:46 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Martin,

I have faced the similar issue and identified that the dataformat what i have entered was wrong. Chances are there for datetime column as wella s people picker columns. Can you check again ....

Regards  Roy Joyson
    Please remember to mark your question as "answered"/"Vote helpful" if this solves/helps your problem.

Roy Joyson

• Marked as answer by tracycai Wednesday, September 4, 2013 10:46 AM
    Saturday, August 31, 2013 10:34 AM
  • I've found the following fields preventing data entry in quick edit mode:

• Comments and generally any multiline field
    • Assigned to - this has to be the users email address now instead of the users common name.  Selecting from the directory does not work.
    • Name - this is a field that sharepoint creates.  It has to be in your view and contain data to save the record.  No idea why it's there.  It's basically just a second ID field.  I've seen posts where folks have used powershell to fill it in automatically, but that makes no sense.  Something must be configured wrong.  Let me know when you find out what it is.

• Proposed as answer by Mo Key Wednesday, April 2, 2014 8:20 PM
    Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:30 PM