Windows 7 - human interface RRS feed

• Question

• Hi. I noticed a problem in Windows 7 that I believe should have been resolved by now, which is related with the way windows accepts user commands. In detail: if I am using a program and I press the "enter" key, that command is supposed to have an effect in the program I am using. However, windows is a multitask environment, and sometimes people may be running programs in the background which can prompt the user for action at any time. So, it happens that just a split second before I press the "enter" key, a new window is brought forward and I end up hitting the "enter" key and performing some task I did not intended in another program. This is not common nor probable, but oddly enough it happened to me 3 times in the same day during the last week. I believe windows, as a good operating system, should "notice" that a human being cannot possibly have the reflexes to enter a command in a program which has been brought forward in less than a few tenths of a second, hence that command should either be sent to the previously active program, or simply ignored. Thanks

• Moved by Carey FrischMVP Sunday, January 16, 2011 9:13 PM Moved to more relevant forum category (From:Feedback and Comments)
    Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:38 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Usually, this behavior depends on the applications, so I suggest to contact the application’s publisher for better help.

Thanks for understanding.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Juke Chou Monday, January 24, 2011 2:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 19, 2011 8:48 AM