none
Cannot find specified user. (Sharepoint 2007) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Ref Sharepoint 2007

We have a web form with a mandatory field that requires you to select an employee by name or domain account login name or search via the directory service. (i.e Joe Bloggs, domain\jbloggs or select from search box)   One of the members of staff using the form highlighted the problem below.

Scenario 1

Employer enters the name Joe Bloggs. When they enter Joe Bloggs it resolves correctly and allows them to continue completing the document. However upon saving it changes the name to another person i.e Joanne Bloggs.

Scenario 2

Employer enters the domain account domain\jbloggs and moving into next field it resolves incorrectly to Joanne Bloggs straight away.

Scenario 3

Employer searches the directory service and finds Joe Bloggs. When they select Joe Bloggs it resolves correctly and allows them to continue completing the document. However upon saving it changes the name to another person i.e Joanne Bloggs

Upon searching the directory service I have found 2 entries

1. Display Name:Joe Bloggs with Account Name: domain\jbloggs
    2. Display Name:Joanne Bloggs with Account Name: domain\jbloggs

First thing I checked was AD and only 1 account exists with domain\JBloggs (ser 1 above). Then we checked inactive AD accounts and deleted accounts and neither had anything related to 2 above.

Next I checked Sharepoint Central Admin user profile and properties>view user profiles and checked for the user via account name.  Only Joe Bloggs displayed. Searching by email brings up the same user.

Yet if I check the Directory Service search box I can see both Joe Bloggs and Joanne Bloggs with both having the same domain\jbloggs account name.

Im hoping someone can help me and point me in the direction to:

• Find the missing user even though cannot be found in AD or on Sharepoint
    • How I can delete the missing user as the details have to be held somewhere.
    • Why the profile import or incremental changes didn't pick up on this.

Regards and TIA

Kev

Friday, June 7, 2019 1:19 PM