Exchange 2010 Sp2 RU1 - Information Service not getting started after reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Just after installing RU1 on mailbox server (member of DAG), Informationstore service is not automatically getting started. I am able to start it manually without any issues. Both servers on my DAG had the same issue.

On event viewer, I see the below events.

Event id 7009

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service to connect.

Event id 7000

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Any idea how to fix?

Shaba

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 2:39 PM

Answers

• Hi Shaba,

This kind of Event ID generally related to Domain preparation. However in this thread, I am suspecting the server in question did not connect to AD properly when the issue occurs.

Since the issue is not reproduced, we arenot able to find the root cause. Your understanidng would be appreciated.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Shabarinath Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:47 AM

All replies

• Update - I did one more reboot and IS started automatically.

Did anyone noticed similar issue after RU1 update?

Shaba

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:05 PM
  • remote registry service is started ?

net.tcp port sharing  service is started and automatic. ?

NIC bindings ?

Domain Network .1

Replication Network .2

Run DC diag , nslookup, Verify DNS part is good

Reference Link

http://careexchange.in/10-useful-basic-commands-which-make-life-easy-for-troubleshooters/

Satheshwaran Manoharan | Exchange 2003/2007/2010 | Blog:http://www.careexchange.in | Please mark it as an answer if it really helps you

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 4:09 PM
  • Hi Shaba,

This kind of Event ID generally related to Domain preparation. However in this thread, I am suspecting the server in question did not connect to AD properly when the issue occurs.

Since the issue is not reproduced, we arenot able to find the root cause. Your understanidng would be appreciated.

Fiona Liao

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Shabarinath Wednesday, March 14, 2012 5:47 AM
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 2:47 AM