windows 7 pro RRS feed

• Question

• When viewing an article the forward is light printed and won't work. What can I do? Thanks

• Edited by grampab Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:50 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:16 PM

Answers

• The "Forward" entry in the Internet Explorer right-click context menu is the same as the Forward button I mentioned earlier - it's for navigating between pages.  It has nothing to do with forwarding eMail.  It's possible you're seeing a "Forward" entry in a menu in another application, and it's just an unfortunate re-use of the same term for two different meanings.

-Noel

• Proposed as answer by Paul Ishak Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, September 19, 2011 9:47 AM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 9:50 PM

All replies

• I'm always amazed that so many people who ask questions here assume the folks who are reading their questions can also read their minds.

What application are you using?  Internet Explorer?  Help?  Adobe Reader?  Something else?

Assuming you are referring to some button when you mention "forward", can you please be more specific about exactly which button you're referring-to?

I'm sure that if you clarify your question you'll get meaningful answers.

-Noel

• Edited by Noel Carboni Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:25 PM
    Thursday, September 8, 2011 8:25 PM
  • I have win 7 pro. When I am viewing an article on IE  and rt click- the forward option won't work.

grampab
    Friday, September 9, 2011 1:37 AM
  • You should spend some time with the Help facility and learn what the various controls are for.  The "Forward" button in IE, for example, isn't designed to take you to the "next page" of your article as you seem to think it should.  It is for navigating forward to a page that you have previously navigated back from.  Thus it will never be active unless you have used the "Back" button.

The "next page" function you seek is very likely a link right on the page next to the article.

-Noel

Friday, September 9, 2011 3:51 AM
  • noel-thank you for answering my post. Once again I wasn't specific enough. The forward I am referring to is the forward to e-mail the article. My e-mail(Windows live) on roadrinner works fine .It's just the forwad for articles that seems to be de-acivated. I appreciate your help. Thank you
    grampab
    Friday, September 9, 2011 8:56 PM
  • The "Forward" entry in the Internet Explorer right-click context menu is the same as the Forward button I mentioned earlier - it's for navigating between pages.  It has nothing to do with forwarding eMail.  It's possible you're seeing a "Forward" entry in a menu in another application, and it's just an unfortunate re-use of the same term for two different meanings.

-Noel

• Proposed as answer by Paul Ishak Sunday, September 11, 2011 6:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Leo Huang Monday, September 19, 2011 9:47 AM
    Friday, September 9, 2011 9:50 PM