Joint from outside domain RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I receive invitations from customers to connect to their skype for Business. When the initial screen login is displayed, I have a message indicating "Use the sign-in address for your organisation - not a Skype Name or Microsoft account".

Clicking on the link, I can run the web interface and do the video/audio conf. So how can I do it with the skype for Business desktop application?

Monday, April 9, 2018 11:49 AM

All replies

• Hi

For skype for business, you need to use AD account to sign in, you can’t use public skype account or other Microsoft Account to sign in.

If you want to use SFB desktop client to join skype meeting, firstly, you need an AD account that is enabled SFB, then you can use this account to sign in SFB.

If you want to join the meeting out of your organization, you need to set up federation between your organization and other organization, after this, you can join meeting with desktop client.

Here is a document about how to set up Lync federation, it’s similar to SFB server 2015
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj204800(v=ocs.15).aspx

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, April 11, 2018 10:42 AM
    Tuesday, April 10, 2018 1:54 AM
  • Are there any update about this issue?

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Monday, April 16, 2018 9:37 AM
    Thursday, April 12, 2018 8:34 AM
  • If the reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Friday, April 20, 2018 9:55 AM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2018 10:35 AM
  • if the reply is helpful to you, please mark it as an answer.

Best Regards,
    Alice Wang

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 9:05 AM