SCCM 12 Endpoint Protection RRS feed

• Question

• This is a little backward I know, but another person went in and installed the Endpoint Protection (SCEPInstall app) on each workstation.  But we have discovered the client was not installed on the machines so we are not getting any information in the SCCM.  If we deploy the client out to the the machines how would that impact the currently running endpoint software?  Would the client just recognize that the software is installed and just start sending information that can be collected by SCCM?

Thanks

Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:38 PM

Answers

• When you install the ConfigMgr client on these machines, just make sure you have the Client Settings > Endpoint Protection setting for "Manage Endpoint Protection client on client computers" set to "Yes".  Once the ConfigMgr client installs and gets its client settings policy, it will take over and start managing the System Center Endpoint Protection agent, and you will get reporting info in ConfigMgr.

Nash

Nash Pherson, Senior Systems Consultant
    Now Micro - My Blog Posts
    <-- If this post was helpful, please click "Vote as Helpful".

Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:42 PM

All replies

• When you install the ConfigMgr client on these machines, just make sure you have the Client Settings > Endpoint Protection setting for "Manage Endpoint Protection client on client computers" set to "Yes".  Once the ConfigMgr client installs and gets its client settings policy, it will take over and start managing the System Center Endpoint Protection agent, and you will get reporting info in ConfigMgr.

Nash

Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:42 PM
  • Thanks.  Should I turn off "remove previous antivirus" in the client?
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:55 PM
  • Doesn't really matter. It will not remove current versions of SCEP.

Jason | http://blog.configmgrftw.com

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:05 PM
  • Nope, that will help you remove remnants of things like McAfee, Symantec, FEP, or Security Essentials.

You should turn on the "Install System Center Endpoint Protection" setting if you intend to use SCEP everywhere.

Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:05 PM
  • That helps tremendously.

Thanks for ya'lls assistance.

• Edited by Allenone3056 Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:14 PM clarification
    Thursday, June 20, 2013 8:06 PM