locked
Exchange 2010 New-MoveRequest: User doesn't have an SMTP address that matches the target delivery domain RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi All - a brief description our setup is below. My exact problem error is list further below. thx

    Basically we have an old Forest running 2003 server with Exchange 2003 sp2 and we are migrating to a new 2008 r2 Forest with exchange 2010 sp1. We are needing to establish a method that successfully achieves user and email migration.

    After much reading/testing & following http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2010/08/10/3410619.aspx and other forums of course.

    So to achieve this we have in-place the following right now;

    - 2-way forest trusts exist between the domains.
    - ADMT v3.2 - is setup and working fine.
    - SMTP Namespace sharing between exchange 2003 & 2010 for our .com.au email domain. So email will continue to flow during migrating.
    - All credentials for performing tasks & delegations are run as the respective domain admin account.

    Many people have recommended slightly different steps to perfom such migrations on mail enabled users etc. Currently we are planning this method;

    Step 1 .\Prepare-MoveRequest.ps1 -identity testuser@robertsonsdesign.com.au -remoteforestdomaincontroller robmail.roberstons.local -remoteforestcredential $remote -localforestdomaincontroller rfd-mail.rfd.local -targetmailuserou "ou=users,ou=rfd,dc=rfd,dc=local" -localforestcredential $local -uselocalobject -overwritelocalobject

    Step 2. New-MoveRequest -identity testuser@robertsonsdesign.com.au -remotelegacy -targetdatabase "Mailbox Database 1571347986" -baditemlimit 100   -acceptlargedataloss -remoteglobalcatalog robmail.roberstons.local -remotecredential $remote -targetdeliverydomain rfd.local

    Step 3. Migrate the user using ADMT to merge AD attributes and bring over SID history

    Step 1 completes and the exchange shell tells me 1 Mailbox is ready to move. A new (disabled) user account is also created in the new domain. The new users appears in EMC under > Recepient Configuration & under > Mail Contact. (user doesn't have a mailbox at this point)!

    MY PROBLEM !! When at step 2 of moving the mailbox using new-moverequest i get the following errorin the exchange shell

    The target mail user 'rfd.local/RFD/Users/test user' doesn't have an SMTP address that matches the
    in 'rfd.local'.
    + CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (testuser@robertsonsdesign.com.au:MailboxOrMailUserI
    veRequest], RecipientTaskException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : A124DAD5,Microsoft.Exchange.Management.RecipientTasks.NewMoveRequest

    I have searched and can't find any indication of what would be causing this issue.
    Can anyone please advise - Thanks Ben M


    They break, i fix

    • Edited by Benny Mac Wednesday, June 8, 2011 9:40 AM clarified details
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 4:13 AM

Answers

  • Looks like you got this from my blog :) the targetdeliverydomain is basically the external email address. When you go into a mail enabled contact or a mail enabled user, email address tab you can create an external email address such as consultant@hotmail.com for example. In this case you just need to specify your primary SMTP address company.com.

     

     


    James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Benny Mac Wednesday, June 8, 2011 11:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:29 PM

All replies

  • Looks like you got this from my blog :) the targetdeliverydomain is basically the external email address. When you go into a mail enabled contact or a mail enabled user, email address tab you can create an external email address such as consultant@hotmail.com for example. In this case you just need to specify your primary SMTP address company.com.

     

     


    James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com
    • Marked as answer by Benny Mac Wednesday, June 8, 2011 11:42 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 5:29 PM
  • Hi James,

    Great this fixed my problem....I had the wrong -targetdeliverydomain specified.

    Yep i did get this straight from your blog :D

    To be honest James your posts are some of the very few that gave me clear details. Many Thanks.. I posted a reply on your blogger MS Exchange Tips also regarding another issue i had...

    I sincerly hope you'll be able to fix any other problems that may arise. Haha :P

     

    Cheers again James.

     

    Regards Ben. M


    They break, i fix
    Wednesday, June 8, 2011 11:41 PM