Random BSOD's RRS feed

• Question

• Okay, ever since i got my new computer I've had one problem with it; Random BSOD's.

I have no idea why I'm getting these BSoD's. I don't get them doing a specific thing either, it might even happen while AFK.

Before my computer gets a BSOD it usually freeze for about 2-3 minutes then it just start force closing everything.

System specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium

CPU: Intel core i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30 GHz

RAM: Mushkin DDR3 8GB Silverline Stiletto

GPU : 2 x Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 1GB GDDR5

HD : Samsung 1 TB 7200RPM S-ATA2 32MB

SSD: OCZ 120 GB SSD VERTEX 3

Any help with this would be wonderfull :)

-TheSuperNoob

Monday, August 13, 2012 11:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

To check the this issue, please locate the dump file in the \Windows\Minidump folder and upload it so that we can analyze it. Before we could get your Minidump files, you can check following:

1. Check the result in Safe Mode

2. Test the issue in Clean Boot 

3. Update the BIOS and the drivers

Hope this helps

Vincent Wang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 6:21 AM
  • Okay, I've uploaded the dump file here

I don't know if any of the points help or not since i can't really chose when my computer crashes (it might go on for a week without anything happening) but i will try anyways.

Thanks for the help so far anyways :)

-TheSupernoob

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:14 AM
  • Hi,

According to the dump file, the error code 0x124 was received, you can refer to Bug Check 0x124: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR, and the process it is related to GenuineIntel.

I suggest you update your BIOS, chipset and check for Intel driver to check the result. Also check whether there is something wrong with the processor.

Here are some similar threads for your reference:

Windows 7 BSOD - WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) - assistance appreciated! 

help with windows crash, minidump file 

Windows 7 Bluescreen of death

Hope this helps.

Vincent Wang

• Marked as answer by TheSuperNoob Sunday, August 19, 2012 5:43 PM
    Thursday, August 16, 2012 8:32 AM
  • Alrighty, I've updated my BIOS and all that, and as of yet, no BSOD's, but my computer still freezes and wont respond to anything i do, until i restart it.

I'm not sure i know how to check if there is something wrong with my processor (any tips would be nice)

Thanks for all the help, its done something to help at least (no BSOD's anymore)

Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:43 AM
  • Hi,

Hope this BSOD issue will not occur again. Regarding the freeze issue, please try to boot in Safe Mode to check the result.

Regards,

Vincent Wang

Friday, August 17, 2012 6:51 AM