WebDAV Slow access (very very slow) RRS feed

• Question

•  

I´ve installed a WIn2008R2 File Server (5 X SAS 15K RPM disks, 16 GB of RAM, good hardware)

I´ve installed IIS + WebDAV to test WebDAV as a replacemente for a ancient Novell IFolder to allow some users to access files using a IE Web INterface for drag and drop some files

I´ve tested via a 1 Mb/s VPN with IE6 and the results were great, a good speed and easy upload and download for small files

But when i tested from a WIn7 Machne in the same LAN Net (100 Mb/s net) the access was very (very slow). I mapped using net use https://fgileserver.comany.com and the letter take eras to appears and when the letter is finally mapped the access as slowwwwwwwwww, impossible to use.

Why? Thre is a Bug? A Hotfix? I´ve used the Default WebDAV component for WIn2008R2. SHould i use a differente WebDAV implementation? An update? A patch? A hotfix?

I do not make a netMon capture but i´m courious about why using new technology (WIn7 --> WIn2008) the access is so slow and using IE6 on Win2003 SP2 the WebDAV access is great!

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:24 AM

All replies

• This is kind of an odd issue, have you tried running netmon to see what
    sort of traffic is appearing to/from the server and each type of client?

-- Mike Burr
    Monday, June 21, 2010 10:32 PM
  • When I tried from Win2008 to Win2008, encountered similar phenomenon. The sourse of the trouble was function of WPAD. I chenged the Setting [Internet Explorer -> tool -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings ->Automatically detect settings] from on to off, a trouble was solved.
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 1:29 PM