none
help RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

I am trying to download a free trial of the French MS Project 2010 for a few days now and I am always getting this error: "An unknown error occurred while processing your request. This is most likely due to a connection failure. Please try again."

How do I fix this?

Thanks,

• Edited by eiffel24 Friday, April 6, 2012 11:08 AM
    • Moved by Naomi N Friday, April 6, 2012 4:04 PM Perhaps better answer here (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Friday, April 6, 2012 9:59 AM

Answers

• You're welcome eiffel24 and thank you for the feedback.  If you are using Internet Explorer, you should be able to download as unless you have disabled ActiveX, it does run in IE.  Good luck and feel free to post back on a new thread if you have additional questions about Project.

Julie

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:46 PM

All replies

• What stage of downloading process do you get that message at ? Have you managed to get trial key ? I've just tested and it works.
    Friday, April 6, 2012 5:12 PM
  • Hello eiffel24,

I'm guessing you are using Windows 7?  Please be aware that even if you are running the 64 bit version of Windows, you may need to download the 32-bit version of Project if you have any other 32-bit Office products installed.

If you are running Windows XP -- you must have SP-3 installed to Windows XP.

Julie

Friday, April 6, 2012 6:51 PM
  • Hi,

No I did not manage to get to the trial key. The error message is displayed when the system brings me to the Microsoft Profile Center ( https://profile.microsoft.com/RegSysProfileCenter/Error.aspx) and from there I can't go anywhere. Thanks,

Saturday, April 7, 2012 10:48 AM
  • Hi,

As you can see I can't even get to the downloading part. Thanks,

Saturday, April 7, 2012 10:49 AM
  • I've tested once again. It's working. I was able to start the download process for the version in French. How do you log into this forum to post the messages ? Is it the same account that you are trying to download the S/W with ?
    Saturday, April 7, 2012 11:17 AM
  • Hello,

What browser are you using?  I believe the site requires ActiveX, which may be disabled in some browsers. 

Julie

Saturday, April 7, 2012 12:17 PM
  • Hi,

Yes I am using the same account.

What I decide to do is ask at work tmorrow if they can lend me a copy of MSProject to download for home use. Thanks for all your help.

Monday, April 9, 2012 10:44 PM
  • Hi,

I am using Vista, and I am ot too technical, so ActiveX is something that I have seen before but does not ring a bell. As I mentioned in my reply to Project User, I will ask at work tomorrow if they can lend me copy to I can download a non-tiral version for home use.

Thank you for or help and your quick responses, greatly appreciated.

Eiffel24  

Monday, April 9, 2012 10:46 PM
  • You're welcome eiffel24 and thank you for the feedback.  If you are using Internet Explorer, you should be able to download as unless you have disabled ActiveX, it does run in IE.  Good luck and feel free to post back on a new thread if you have additional questions about Project.

Julie

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 12:46 PM