Looking for "old" ( or newer? ) PS Install-Fonts.ps1 script from Alex Angelopoulos RRS feed

• Question

• Alex Angelopoulos had a brilliant looking ITProToday blog post back from Feb 2008  "The Trick to Installing Fonts with a VBScript or PowerShell Script“ at www itprotoday com / management-mobility / trick-installing-fonts-vbscript-or-powershell-script

But It links to a zip archive and a code listing that have both expired. 

97911.zip
     Listing 1

And the author details go to an email that is no longer in use. *** @ mvps.org

Any chance you could re-post those here? Would be really great to have to hand.

Thanks, sorry for the unconventional way of reaching out, but I can see that Alex is posting here, so maybe this roundabout way works?

Friday, June 15, 2018 10:36 AM

All replies

• If you actually read the article you will see that he gives you the script in the text.

$sa =  new-object -comobject shell.application
    $Fonts =  $sa.NameSpace(0x14)
    $Fonts.CopyHere ("C:\tmp\ManchuFont2005.ttf")

\_(ツ)_/

• Proposed as answer by BOfH-666 Friday, June 15, 2018 11:32 AM
    Friday, June 15, 2018 11:30 AM
  • Thanks, appreciate that, but I am not any good at putting that into a ps1 script that I can pipe into and reading forums there seems to be just  little more to it than that, dealing with existing vs new ones etc, ... assuming here that is what he does in the full script, or what it would show in the Listing ( which has expired ) no point in showing a 'Listing' of code if it is all already in the article? or?

Urs Rau

Friday, June 15, 2018 4:14 PM
  • The full script does nothing more than what I posted except that it is  file that is downloadable and has one parameter for the font name.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, June 15, 2018 6:11 PM
  • Thanks, that is almost exactly what I was hoping for.

Urs Rau

Sunday, June 17, 2018 8:34 PM