Welcome Screen Picture RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to change where the picture on the welcome screen to my company logo.  Right now it is blank.  I would like to put a company logo on there.  I got it on the start menu.  But I would like it on the welcome screen when the computer starts up.  I changed the local policy to not remember the last user. 

I would like to change the flower.   http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3020/3005229726_a05c8e91af.jpg  Right now mine is blank though.  I would imagine it is looking somewhere for a pic but doesnt see one.  Where do I add my picture.

Any help would be great let me know if you need more info.

THANKS!
    Lance
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 7:55 PM

Answers

• Hi

Windows 7 does support changing that picture, but it is a complex procedure. There is a free tool available that makes changing the picture a simple 2 step process. Here is the link.

7 Logon Changer: Change Windows 7 Login Screen on the Fly

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:36 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by panceleterson Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Robinson Zhang Friday, December 18, 2009 1:27 AM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:35 PM
  • Ronnie answered the first question.

Here's how you change the image that is presented for your login (e.g., your flower):

1.  Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts

2.  Click on "Change your picture"

3.  If you don't want one of the default pictures, there's a "Browse for more pictures..." link.

Hope this helps!

-Noel
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:48 AM
  • Noel tells you how to tie pic to logon screen.

You can make a login picture from any picture you can see on your computer or from a portion of any picture or from prt scr of media at any time. You can also open a picture in paint and cut out/save only the portion you want to see.

For example, my current is from prt scn of desktop where I have a Shell32 icon for Folder there that is a green tree with name GonzoIsOut. In Paint, Paste & select/cut that portion of prt scr picture out including words and "Save As" to give this to user logon picture display.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:47 PM

All replies

• Hi

Windows 7 does support changing that picture, but it is a complex procedure. There is a free tool available that makes changing the picture a simple 2 step process. Here is the link.

7 Logon Changer: Change Windows 7 Login Screen on the Fly

Hope this helps.

Thank You for using Windows 7

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    • Proposed as answer by Ronnie VernonMVP Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:36 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by panceleterson Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:09 PM
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:35 PM
  • Ronnie answered the first question.

Here's how you change the image that is presented for your login (e.g., your flower):

1.  Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts

2.  Click on "Change your picture"

3.  If you don't want one of the default pictures, there's a "Browse for more pictures..." link.

Hope this helps!

-Noel
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:48 AM
  • So if I cant change that picture is there anyway to remove that frame so I don't see the empty frame?
    Thursday, December 17, 2009 2:10 PM
  • Noel tells you how to tie pic to logon screen.

You can make a login picture from any picture you can see on your computer or from a portion of any picture or from prt scr of media at any time. You can also open a picture in paint and cut out/save only the portion you want to see.

For example, my current is from prt scn of desktop where I have a Shell32 icon for Folder there that is a green tree with name GonzoIsOut. In Paint, Paste & select/cut that portion of prt scr picture out including words and "Save As" to give this to user logon picture display.

Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:47 PM
  • Hi panceleterson,

It seems there is no way to remove the user icon frame on the Welcome Screen. However, here is a workaround to hide the icon frame by the steps below:

1.     Go to Start, type run in to the Search box and then press Enter.

2.     In the Run box, type "control userpasswords2" (without the quotation marks) and then press Enter.

3.     The "User Accounts" window will pop up.

4.     On the "Advanced" tab, check the box in front of "Require users to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete".

5.     Click OK.

After performing this change, the user icon frame will not appear unless you press Ctrl+Alt+Delete combine key.

Friday, December 18, 2009 6:43 AM