Forefront UAG SP3 Management fails to start RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.

We have a uag SP2 array enviroment using internal NLB. We have just upgraded the Array manager to SP3 following this technet article: http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/library/jj906345.aspx, but we are now stuck at numnber 9. The activation failed 3 times, and then we rebooted, and now when trying to open Microsoft Forefront UAG Management it fails, and we get the error: The UAG configuration cannot be retrieved from Forefront TMA Storage. An error has occures and UAG will close. If the UAG server is a domain member, verify connectivity to the domain controller.

I have checked that all services are running, but still it fails to open.

Could someone help?

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:41 AM

Answers

• Tnx for your suggestion, but the issue was with SP3.

I have now solved the issue. It turned out, that the Firewall service could't get to the TMG Storage, when the ArrayManager was in Suspend mode in the UAG webmonitor - but I simple just followed the microsoft guide "Installing UAG SP3 on NLB Array, http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/library/jj906345.aspx,"., bad Microsoft. So when I started the ArrayManager again, I was able to start UAG management console, and activate my configuration with SP3. But the first activation had to be without a backup before activation.

And to others running into this problem, when having an UAG array, the ArrayManager must be running the service ISASTGCTRL, bot not the array members.

Finally a enviroment who support Win 8.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:17 AM

All replies

• Hi,

please check that your machine can use DNS. I had the same issue and it turned out the the DNS service running but not functional any more. So I restart the DNS service in the domain controllers.

To verify proper DNS run: nslookup.exe dc.domain.com (replace the example with your values)

Regards,

Lutz

Thursday, February 28, 2013 3:02 AM
  • Hi.

Tnx for your suggestion. I have checked that my machine run nslookup against all of my domain servers succesful.

I can now add to add to this problem, that when i stop the service ISASTGCTRL, I can open the UAG Management - but then no config is available and the first screen i see when UAG management opens, is a Array Management Wizard that tell "Current Server status: Disconnected",  and I have the options : 1. Change the array manager 2: Remove this server from an array 3: Specify array credentials. I have tried option number 3 but that archieves nothing, I get the message: The server is not operational".

Thursday, February 28, 2013 10:58 AM
  • you can uninstall the UAG SP2 , and to masure that this service will be working fine if you uninstall SP2 ?

did you make sure before installing SP2 that you have your UAG SP1 with rollup updates 1 ?

Monday, March 4, 2013 11:55 AM
  • Tnx for your suggestion, but the issue was with SP3.

I have now solved the issue. It turned out, that the Firewall service could't get to the TMG Storage, when the ArrayManager was in Suspend mode in the UAG webmonitor - but I simple just followed the microsoft guide "Installing UAG SP3 on NLB Array, http://technet.microsoft.com/da-dk/library/jj906345.aspx,"., bad Microsoft. So when I started the ArrayManager again, I was able to start UAG management console, and activate my configuration with SP3. But the first activation had to be without a backup before activation.

And to others running into this problem, when having an UAG array, the ArrayManager must be running the service ISASTGCTRL, bot not the array members.

Finally a enviroment who support Win 8.

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 9:17 AM
  • Solved that ISSUE, go to TMG find Firewall Policy then Toolbox, Managment Computers, Open, Clear all PC, Apply Save. And here we go...
    Monday, September 16, 2013 6:51 PM