Problems with Pasting! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, my problem is similar to a fews, but with a slight twist.  I am able to copy and paste text into Word no problem, but if I wish to copy a picture then all I get when I paste is a load of hyphens, numbers and words which are obviously connected to the picture as it is mentioned in the wording, or I may get what I think is a text box, black dots in each corner.  I have researched endlessly and can not remedy this problem.  My son has in the past used text boxes in word for his homework, has something inadvertantly been disabled/activated?  Please can someone help!!
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:03 PM

Answers

• To rule out the possibility that this is a display issue, take a look at http:// word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/invisiblegraphics.htm.

The other possibility is that the paste format is plain text. You can test this by copying a table. Does it look correctly after pasting, or is it converted to ordinary paragraphs with tabs inserted?

Stefan Blom, Microsoft Word MVP
    • Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:22 AM
    Wednesday, June 27, 2012 9:18 PM
  • Hi,

Go to File > Word Options > Advanced and scroll down to the Show Document Content section. Make sure that "Picture placeholders" is NOT checked, and that "Show drawings and text boxes on screen"

If the settings are already like that, then try to check the following setting:

Options>Advanced>Cut, Copy and paste> Insert/paste picture as: select “Through”

Jaynet Zhang

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Jaynet Zhang Thursday, July 5, 2012 2:22 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:26 AM

All replies