Skipping drivers in deployment Process RRS feed

• Question

• Hello there

We use MDT to set up various clients for our company or our customers. In the past months we sometimes encountered the problem, that the Task Sequence gets error, that i can't reconnect to the MDT share because the network driver is missing.

In the Log File we might have found the problem, the driver (and many others) is being skipped because "No 3rd party drivers found". 

We don't understand why this happens and couldn't find anything online we haven't done yet.

Thanks in advance,
    Joshua

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 3:38 PM

Answers

• Your variables are setting x64\Windows 10\HP\HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF as the path. Your driver path in the "Out-of-Box Drivers" folder needs to match that path exactly. I don't know if it's been working fine you but I've always used DriverGroup001 as the property.

The task sequence variables would look like:

Set Task Sequence Variable
    Name: Set DriverGroup
    Task Sequence Variable: DriverGroup001
    Value: x64\Windows 10\%Make%\%Model%

Inject Drivers
    Name: Inject Drivers
    Choose a selection profile: Nothing
    SELECT: Install all drivers from the selection profile

Daniel Vega

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2:27 PM

All replies

• How are you managing drivers? Do you use any of the methods from this page: MDT 2013 Lite Touch Driver Management

Either drivers haven't been added for the hardware you are deploying to or if you use the controlled injection method, the folder name doesn't match the make/model being returned.

Daniel Vega

Wednesday, January 22, 2020 7:40 PM
  • Thanks for you reply.

We use the Full Control method, with %make%/%model%, in the log I can see the Drivergroup being set to the right folder.

In that folder we imported a HP Driverpack from the HP ftp, so I'm pretty sure the drivers are correct. 

I want to add it has happened with multiple HP devices and we could always bypass it by using a HP adapter (Ethernet to USB-C).

The exact Error we get is following: 
    Unable to connect to the deployment share \\server\dpl_prd$. The following networking device did not have a driver installed.
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15BB&SUBSYS_8591103C&REV_10
    Thursday, January 23, 2020 10:22 AM
  • In MDT look at the out of box drivers where you imported the driverpack to see if it's actually there. HP could have subbed the NIC to something else but didn't update the driverpack, in which case you might need to add the specific NIC driver to that folder.

I only deal with Dell systems so I'm not 100% sure and can't test. If you post what model(s) you're having the issue with, maybe someone else might be familiar with it. A link to the BDD.log wouldn't hurt either for troubleshooting.

Daniel Vega

Thursday, January 23, 2020 2:16 PM
  • The NIC Driver is in the pack already, we also tired adding the NIC Driver to a seperate Folder and inject via a selection profile, which sadly also didn't work.

Models that don't work (the ones I know, there are probably more): Hp Elitdesk 800 G5 SFF, HP EliteBook 850 G6.

LOG: https://achermannict-servicesag.sharefile.eu/d/safa7569608e424fa 

Friday, January 24, 2020 2:50 PM
  • Does the folder structure in MDT match? x64\Windows 10\HP\HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF

Property Make is now = HP	ZTIGather	1/23/2020 8:45:01 AM	0 (0x0000)
    Property Model is now = HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF	ZTIGather	1/23/2020 8:45:01 AM	0 (0x0000)
    Property DriverGroup002 is now = x64\Windows 10\HP\HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF	ZTISetVariable	1/23/2020 8:45:34 AM	0 (0x0000)

Looking at the log no drivers are injected as your filtered count is 0, which usually means the DriverGroup variable doesn't match

Daniel Vega

Monday, January 27, 2020 2:41 PM
  • The folder structure is correct.

Which DriverGroup Variables have to match, the one in the task sequence and log?
    Tuesday, January 28, 2020 11:06 AM
  • Your variables are setting x64\Windows 10\HP\HP EliteDesk 800 G5 SFF as the path. Your driver path in the "Out-of-Box Drivers" folder needs to match that path exactly. I don't know if it's been working fine you but I've always used DriverGroup001 as the property.

The task sequence variables would look like:

Set Task Sequence Variable
    Name: Set DriverGroup
    Task Sequence Variable: DriverGroup001
    Value: x64\Windows 10\%Make%\%Model%

Inject Drivers
    Name: Inject Drivers
    Choose a selection profile: Nothing
    SELECT: Install all drivers from the selection profile

Daniel Vega

Tuesday, January 28, 2020 2:27 PM