none
Project server 2013 - PWA: My Tasks page is not loading and disabled RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    i had an issue that suddenly occur for one of my users (just to him).

    My Tasks page is not loading, it shows "Loading" in the middle of the page and stuck that way, and also the Ribbon buttons are disabled.

    Anyone knows what could he had done to make this happen?

    The print screen is in Hebrew but i described what appears.

    Page not loading


    Ofir Marco , MCTS P.Z. Projects

    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 12:59 PM

All replies

  • Hi Ofir,

    Try to refresh IE deleting the cache pressing CTRL F5.

    Which IE version is he using?


    Hope this helps,


    Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MCP, MCTS |

    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 1:06 PM
    Moderator
  • Sounds like bad assignment issue. To isolate the issue have this user log on to another computer to validate the behavior. On users machine try with different user as well.

    Make sure that PWA site is under trusted sites zone and zone security set to low. Also add PWA site in compatibility mode.

     

    Hrishi Deshpande Senior Consultant

    Tuesday, July 15, 2014 5:42 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks

    I will try all of your suggestions.


    Ofir Marco , MCTS P.Z. Projects

    Thursday, July 17, 2014 5:14 AM
  • Hi Ofir,

    i have the same issue!! Have you found a working solution?

    Monday, September 29, 2014 12:07 PM
  • Hi Ofir,

    If none of the above work (usually this is caused by a corrupted assignment) or if the user is able to access My Tasks from a different page, try to Restore Advance Settings or Reset the Internet Explorer settings.

    Paul

    Monday, September 29, 2014 7:47 PM
  • Hi,

    No i didn't find a solution and it happens on all stations.


    Ofir Marco , MCTS P.Z. Projects

    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 9:49 AM
  • Hi Ofir,

    I've had a similar issue in a previous version of Project Server. A corrupted assignment was causing this in my case. I found the corrupted assignment using the following procedure:

    • Retrieve all published assignments & related projects for the user (in the database)
    • Open each project one by one in MS Project & set the 'Publish' value to 'No' for the user's assignments and publish the project
    • Everytime after publishing a project, retry to open the Tasks page
    • At a certain moment your Tasks page should work again and you know now which project/assignment is causing the error, just replace the corrupted assignment by a new one and it should work again

    Hope this helps

    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:23 AM
  • Hi Ofir,

    One way to find the corrupted assignments is to compare the assignments table with the tasks table in the draft and published schema and see if there are any assignments referring to tasks that do not exist anymore and then you can retrieve the project uid that will point the corresponding project name

    Hope this helps

    Paul

    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:51 AM