Windows 7 32 bit encoding RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Win 7 32-bit operating system.

I have several languages installed on my PC and I would like to know for each language in which character encoding (not video) is in use. How can I know it?

Thanks a lot.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 3:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As far as I know, Windows using Unicode as default code. Other language in Windows, such as Chinese, it depends on this language itself character. While system locale was switched to Chinese, chinese language would be identified correctly. Same with other language.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 29, 2015 3:18 AM

All replies

• Hi,

See the following screenshot:

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, June 26, 2015 3:12 AM
  • Thanks, Roger.

Can you please clarify it for me?

I see locale shows languages for non-Unicode programs. But I would like to know the exact encoding that is used.

In the example you gave (Chinese), how can I know if Windows uses ISO-88951-1 or ISO-88951-2 encoding (for example)?

Efi

Friday, June 26, 2015 2:24 PM
  • Hi,

As far as I know, Windows using Unicode as default code. Other language in Windows, such as Chinese, it depends on this language itself character. While system locale was switched to Chinese, chinese language would be identified correctly. Same with other language.

Monday, June 29, 2015 3:18 AM