none
DPM 2012 R2 - DPM SQL Auto Backup RRS feed

• Question

• I have a protection group that is backing up an instance of SQL with db's being added and removed.  Unfortunately when a DB is removed I get an error as the db is no longer there.  The auto update of the protection group will not remove these db's from the group and when I manually untick then in the group the (Auto) is then removed from this instance and new db's are not added.  Is there any solution for this?

Kind Regards

Nick

Friday, April 17, 2015 9:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

DPM will never remove a missing data source from protection - it may have been removed maliciously and then you would not have any backups to restore it.  You must manually remove the data sources from the protection group if the data source no longer needs protection.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, April 17, 2015 10:39 PM