*67 is it possible RRS feed

• Question

• Hey just curious is it possible to make a rule so if we want to put *67 before we place a call we could. Occasionaly our sales teams needs to hide the caller id. I contacted my sip trunk company and they said its disabled somewhere in lync just not to sure where

thanks in advance

Wednesday, January 25, 2012 3:16 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There is no easy way to do this "on the fly" per call. You can block or change the CLI from within Lync or on a Gateway.

You could setup a gateway to "watch" for some starting digits, strip them, and also use that as a signal to block the outgoing CLI, but without a gateway between Lync and the SIP trunk that is not an option.

Hope that helps

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe for updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    • Proposed as answer by Tom ArbuthnotMVP Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:54 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I believe the ability to block, or even change outbound caller ID, (as you would with *67) is a current limitaion of the Lync product itself.

There are a few forums about it:

http://community.nextuc.com/nextuc/topics/outgoing_caller_id

I don't see anything from MSFT re: future support for it.  It would be a nice feature to not only block, but change CLID to a common number, as needed.

Regards,

mG

If a post is helpful, please take a second to hit the GREEN ARROW on the left, or mark as ANSWER. Mark A. Gutowski
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 4:44 PM
  • Hi,

There is no easy way to do this "on the fly" per call. You can block or change the CLI from within Lync or on a Gateway.

You could setup a gateway to "watch" for some starting digits, strip them, and also use that as a signal to block the outgoing CLI, but without a gateway between Lync and the SIP trunk that is not an option.

Hope that helps

Tom

Tom Arbuthnot, Consultant Modality Systems
    Blog: Lync'd Up Blog Subscribe for updates: Email or RSS
    Twitter @tomarbuthnot
    • Proposed as answer by Tom ArbuthnotMVP Saturday, January 28, 2012 2:53 PM
    • Marked as answer by Noya Lau Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:34 AM
    Wednesday, January 25, 2012 6:54 PM