lync 2010 - random reboot of cx600 phones.. RRS feed

• Question

• hi all,

i was just wondering if anyone can shed some lights on this issue.  cx600 loosing connection (more of soft reboot randomly , all phone at the same time).  this was installed back in septand no other CU has been installed since then.  i am not sure this is cuased by some defect on firmware of cx600.  i cannot really find anything in teh event viewer regarding this.  i would expect lync server would to generate some alerts regarding this when phones loose connection?  the only think i see on the front end (enterprise) during that time frame is

source LS User Replicator
    event ID 30022
     The connection to domain controller dc2.abc.ca appears to have been terminated. The domain controller could have gone down. User Replicator will attempt to reconnect to an available domain controller for this domain.

any feed back regarding the msg or the cx600 reboot is much appriciated.  first time in this forum :)

thanks

vijay

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 2:54 PM

Answers

• Hi Vijay

There is no such thing that there is an issue with that firmware. Can you also check why your domain loosing connection. check the Network Connectivity also. As you said all the phones are rebooting at the same time it might be your local network issue also.

If possible try to connect one of the phone in different network and see if it is behaving like that.  

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, April 26, 2013 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, April 26, 2013 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi Vijay,

Did to try updating the firmware. Try to update the firmware for any one of the phone and check if still happening

http://blog.schertz.name/2011/01/updating-lync-phone-edition-devices/ 

Whenever you see a helpful reply, click on Vote As Helpful & click on Mark As Answer if a post answers your question.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:22 PM
  • Hi Raju,

I can certainly try that and we are planning on doing this. but my question is is there a defect wiht the current version 4.0.7577.4100?

Tuesday, April 23, 2013 3:42 PM
  • Hi Vijay

There is no such thing that there is an issue with that firmware. Can you also check why your domain loosing connection. check the Network Connectivity also. As you said all the phones are rebooting at the same time it might be your local network issue also.

If possible try to connect one of the phone in different network and see if it is behaving like that.  

• Proposed as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, April 26, 2013 9:16 AM
    • Marked as answer by Kent-Huang Friday, April 26, 2013 9:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 24, 2013 7:38 AM
  • Hi,

Yes, the issue was more related to your local network. Please check if any other server has connection issue with domain controller.

Kent Huang
    TechNet Community Support

Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:11 AM