Windows asks if I wnt to close all windows but does not let me say no RRS feed

• Question

• How do I close just one window??
    Wednesday, May 10, 2017 9:29 AM

Answers

• Hi.

Which Windows version are you using?
    In any Windows version, you can close a single browser's window by hovering on the Internet Explorer's icon on the taskbar: the thumbnails of all the open IE windows will be displayed and you will be able to close any of them by clicking the "X" icon in the upper right corner of each thumbnail. If you have many IE windows open, a list will be displayed and you'll be able to close a single window by clicking the "X" icon to the right of the corresponding item in the list (this applies to Windows 7 too).

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:08 PM
  • Hi

If many tabs are openned in the Internet Explorer, a balloon pops up when you close the window, asking that if you want to "Close all tabs" or "Close current tab".

Things we can do:

Press "Alt+T", and click "Internet Options".

In "Tab" column, click "Settings" botton.

Open "Tabbed Browsing Settings" window, and check "Warn me when closing multiple tabs".

Finally, press "OK" to exit the settings window.

Also when we open several pages, we could put the mouse on IE icon in the taskbar. Then we could click the “X” to close the page you want.

Hope it will be helpful to you

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:04 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Which Windows version are you using?
    In any Windows version, you can close a single browser's window by hovering on the Internet Explorer's icon on the taskbar: the thumbnails of all the open IE windows will be displayed and you will be able to close any of them by clicking the "X" icon in the upper right corner of each thumbnail. If you have many IE windows open, a list will be displayed and you'll be able to close a single window by clicking the "X" icon to the right of the corresponding item in the list (this applies to Windows 7 too).

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MCTS, MOS, MTA

Wednesday, May 10, 2017 3:08 PM
  • Hi

If many tabs are openned in the Internet Explorer, a balloon pops up when you close the window, asking that if you want to "Close all tabs" or "Close current tab".

Things we can do:

Press "Alt+T", and click "Internet Options".

In "Tab" column, click "Settings" botton.

Open "Tabbed Browsing Settings" window, and check "Warn me when closing multiple tabs".

Finally, press "OK" to exit the settings window.

Also when we open several pages, we could put the mouse on IE icon in the taskbar. Then we could click the “X” to close the page you want.

Hope it will be helpful to you

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:04 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?
    I am proposing previous helpful replies as "Answered". Please feel free to try it and let me know the result. If the reply is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer which can help other community members who have same questions and find the helpful reply quickly.
    Best regards,
    Carl

Thursday, June 1, 2017 11:27 AM