none
No logon servers

Question

• I have a computer in the office that I manage that lost all network drives.  When trying to reestablish path it says "no logon servers available"  This happens often and I would just keep trying.  Well not this time!! Also, our user login works but when I login using my admin, I get no logon server available.  Thanks in advanvce
    Friday, January 27, 2017 6:50 PM

Answers

• I have a computer in the office that I manage that lost all network drives.  When trying to reestablish path it says "no logon servers available"  This happens often and I would just keep trying.  Well not this time!! Also, our user login works but when I login using my admin, I get no logon server available.  Thanks in advanvce

Hi,

If you try to login with domain user account for the first time, you must be connected to domain controller. if you are not you will get no logon server available.

Once logged , user credential will be saved on cache , and next time you will able to login on offline. 

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:02 PM
  • check the DNS settings and the logon DC, Client subnet needs to be assigned to local site and local site should have a working DC

http://www.windowstricks.in/2016/06/windows-server-2012-active-directory-trust-relationship-problem.html

Regards,
    Ganesamoorthy.S
    www.windowstricks.in)

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:17 PM
  • Is the network cable plugged in? I encounter this error when I don't have a network connection.

Basically what Thameur Bourbita was saying.
    Friday, January 27, 2017 8:16 PM
  • Is the same issue with any user account ?

Check DNS settings on your client OS (login using local account if you can't using a domain account).

Can you ping the Gateway / DNS Server

User credentials will be saved by default except if you have modified the GPO "Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options / Interactive logon: Number of previous logon to cache (in case domain controller is not available)".  By default is 25

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Saturday, January 28, 2017 3:44 PM

You are probably loging with cached credentials if your users, and you have no access to AD and DNS servers. When you login with cached credentials, you will not notice that until a new users logins or you want to access a share on server.

Considering you user is not locked out (because Admin can not log in), you should firstly check if you have network access to your DNS servers. You can check this either by pinging the domain name or the IP address. I believe that DNS client setting on your computer is wrong and there might be another DNS server instead of local DNS server in TCP/IP properties.

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, January 29, 2017 4:16 AM

All replies

Hi,

If you try to login with domain user account for the first time, you must be connected to domain controller. if you are not you will get no logon server available.

Once logged , user credential will be saved on cache , and next time you will able to login on offline. 

Please don't forget to mark the correct answer, to help others who have the same issue. Thameur BOURBITA MCSE | MCSA My Blog : http://bourbitathameur.blogspot.fr/

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:02 PM
  • check the DNS settings and the logon DC, Client subnet needs to be assigned to local site and local site should have a working DC

http://www.windowstricks.in/2016/06/windows-server-2012-active-directory-trust-relationship-problem.html

Regards,
    Ganesamoorthy.S
    www.windowstricks.in)

Friday, January 27, 2017 7:17 PM
  • I've tried to log in multiple times.
    Friday, January 27, 2017 8:05 PM
  • Is the network cable plugged in? I encounter this error when I don't have a network connection.

Basically what Thameur Bourbita was saying.
    Friday, January 27, 2017 8:16 PM
  • Is the same issue with any user account ?

Check DNS settings on your client OS (login using local account if you can't using a domain account).

Can you ping the Gateway / DNS Server

User credentials will be saved by default except if you have modified the GPO "Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local Policies / Security Options / Interactive logon: Number of previous logon to cache (in case domain controller is not available)".  By default is 25

This posting is provided AS IS without warranty of any kind

Saturday, January 28, 2017 3:44 PM

You are probably loging with cached credentials if your users, and you have no access to AD and DNS servers. When you login with cached credentials, you will not notice that until a new users logins or you want to access a share on server.

Considering you user is not locked out (because Admin can not log in), you should firstly check if you have network access to your DNS servers. You can check this either by pinging the domain name or the IP address. I believe that DNS client setting on your computer is wrong and there might be another DNS server instead of local DNS server in TCP/IP properties.

Mahdi Tehrani   |     |   www.mahditehrani.ir
    Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people.
    This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Sunday, January 29, 2017 4:16 AM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 3, 2017 8:07 AM