Broadcast does not work RRS feed

• Question

• I can set up a Skype Broadcast meeting just fine. But when I start the meeting and join as a member opening my Skype for Business desktop app, non of the buttons to start the broadcast are enabled. I upload a PPT file. Click to share, but nothing happens. The start broadcast button is greyed-out. 
    Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:42 PM

All replies

• Hi mgmong,

You will not be able to get the ‘Start Broadcast’ button to become active until you complete the following steps:
    1. Start your Video: with this action, your video will appear in the presenter’s area.
    2. Make your Video Active for the Broadcast: You need to right-click on a video feed to make that active for broadcasting. Once that happens there will be a change in the video box showing that this is now “Active Video”.
    3. Start the Broadcast: Now finally the ‘Start Broadcast’ button is available.

After doing the steps above, please check again if you could start the broadcast. Details about the information you could refer to the following blog: Troubleshooting Skype Meeting Broadcast

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft can make no representation concerning the content of these sites. Microsoft is providing this information only as a convenience to you: this is to inform you that Microsoft has not tested any software or information found on these sites and therefore cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software on the Internet.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, February 4, 2019 7:38 AM
    Friday, February 1, 2019 2:37 AM
  • Hi mgmong,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, February 6, 2019 1:24 AM