none
Compatibility Sharepoint 2013 <-> 2019 Domain Controller RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have been advised in the windows server forum to post my question here.

We are running a domain on forest-functional-level (FFL) and domain functional level (DFL) 2008 R2. We have a mix of domain controllers on 2008R2 and 2012R2. We are now planning to install our first domain controller with server 2019. This will update the active directory schema but of course the FFL and DFL will remain 2008R2.

Can anybody confirm that SharePoint 2013 can coexist with domain controllers on 2019?

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a compatibility matrix.

Thank you!

HarryNew

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 8:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi HarryNew.

As far as I know, there should be no problem: the only requirement is 2003 Native mode, there is no upper limit; also there are no changes in AD DS in Windows Server 2019 from 2016.

Bye.

Luigi Bruno
    MCP, MOS, MTA, MCTS, MCSA, MCSE

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 3:57 PM
  • Yes, you can use 2019 DCs. As Luigi noted, 2003 native mode is the minimum requirement and there is no maximum DFL/FFL

Trevor Seward

Office Apps and Services MVP

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2019

Author, Deploying SharePoint 2016

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Wednesday, September 18, 2019 4:04 PM

• Hi HarryNew,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, September 19, 2019 1:21 AM
  • Hello Luigi,

thank you for your answer!

Regards

HarryNew

Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:18 AM
  • Hello Trevor,

thank you for your answer!

Regards

HarryNew

• Edited by HarryNew Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:21 AM
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 9:18 AM