Use a different "sent from" and "reply to" email address using gmail on outlook on android RRS feed

• Question

• I have an office 365 email address (under my personal domain) through GoDaddy and I use the Outlook on Android to check it (because I cannot get rid of the threaded conversation view in native gmail app on android). I currently have all my email forwarded to my gmail account so that I can use Google Assistant to its fullest (Cortana runs down my phone battery). I have started using Gmail as the only web app and set up my "sent as" and "reply to" settings to show my 365 email address and it works fine. I cannot, however, figure out how to get the outlook for android app to send and reply to emails showing my 365 email address. I can only get emails sent from the Outlook app to show my gmail address (and not my personal domain email address). Does anyone know how I can accomplish this? I would appreciate any ideas. But, before anyone suggests it:

1. I do not want to go back to using the OWA. I want to take advantage of Google Assistant's scanning of my email (and I am ok with my email being scanned- I don't do anything illegal and I am not having an affair so I don't care who reads it). I also do not want to have to go back and delete all my emails from my personal domain periodically, so I am having them deleted after forwarding to my gmail address. I will change to a Google hosted email account once my 365 email runs out (I paid two years in advance and can't get a refund).

2. I would rather not have to change the "from" address for every email sent from my phone with the Outlook app. The main reason is that I would like all my sent mail in one service, not split between my personal domain and my gmail account.

3. The native Gmail app handles this fine, but the conversation threading is a non starter. I miss and regularly lose emails with that view and there is no way to turn it off in the current version of the app.

Thanks again for any ideas.

DrPRW

Sunday, May 7, 2017 12:34 PM

All replies

• Hi DrPRW,

For the question of Outlook app for Android, consider posting in the following dedicated forum. There you should get more professional responses:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_amobile

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 8, 2017 5:12 AM
  • I did that first. They told me my questions was too complicated... Here is what I was told:

Hello DrPRW, 

Your question on Microsoft Community has received a reply from Justine Pel. 

Hi,

Your question is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. Please post your question in the TechNet forum.

Regards.

DrPRW

Monday, May 8, 2017 6:39 PM
  • I see.

Please understand that here we mainly focus on the Office client related question and feedback on Windows platform. There is really not so much about Office apps for Android.

The mentioned dedicated forum above is the place where most of the experts hang out. We may still suggest you stick with the thread in Answers forum for the discussion.

Thanks for your great understanding.

Regards,

Ethan Hua

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 11, 2017 3:30 AM
  • Excellent useless answer. 

Monday, October 15, 2018 6:21 AM