Paging Errors?? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!  I am not the most tech savvy person so please reply with basic answers. 

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate.  I have been able to use the tech support function from Microsoft in the past but it won't let me run an active x control for Windows to verify the product ID # and when I tried to enter it manually it tells me that it isn't valid in the country I have selected.  However, I used it for support not that long ago...??

So, I started getting paging error messages.  I don't have the error message written down but...it pops up to another window to select paging options. 

Then I did a restore to before the problems started.

I tried to run a full virus scan this morning.  That ran successfully with nothing found.  I tried to change the schedule and then it gave me the following errors:

dwm.exe - Application Error
      The instruction at 0x68949C0.
      The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x0000056.

Click on OK to terminate the program.

Second Error Message:

Microsoft Security Essentials
      %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

Click Help for more information about this problem.  (after pushing HELP nothing happens)

I appreciate

Sunday, October 9, 2011 5:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I would recommend two things:
    1) Run memtest - to check, if your RAM is OK. Here is how-to: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/How-do-I-know-if-my-computer-has-a-memory-problem

2) Check your hard drive for problems: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265/en-us (chkdsk with /f parameter)

Let me know then.
    M.

------- Michal Stoppl MCP, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCT Please always use Mark as answer if you are satisfied with provided solution.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:39 AM
    Monday, October 10, 2011 11:17 AM
  • Ok, I am running Windows 7 Ultimate.  These links take me to Vista and XP solutions.  I have run the diagnostics that are offered for Windows 7 (that I can find) and it doesn't show any errors. 
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:43 PM
  • Hello. Mentioned KBs is also applicable for Windows 7.

------- Michal Stoppl MCP, MCSA, MCTS, MCITP, MCT Please always use Mark as answer if you are satisfied with provided solution.
    Monday, October 10, 2011 12:45 PM
  • I was never able to get these things to work.  I was finally avle to get a restore to work by going back far enough.  Thanks.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 9:26 AM