none
Error installing DPM 2010 Agent on Exchange 2007 Box RRS feed

• Question

• I am using DPM 2010 installed on a Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 server.  I am running Exchange 2007 RU4 Installed on a Server 2008 SP2 x64 machine. 

I get the below error when trying to install the DPM agent on my Exchange server.

From DPM Server:

Install protection agent on SERVER.DOMAIN.com failed: Error 347: An error occurred when the agent operation attempted to create the DPM Agent Coordinator service on SERVER.DOMAIN.com.
    Error details: Fatal error during installation
    Recommended action: Verify that the Agent Coordinator service on SERVER.DOMAIN.com is responding, if it is present. Review the error details, take the appropriate action, and then retry the agent operation.

System Log on Exchange Server:
    Event ID 7024
    The DPM Agent Coordinator service terminated with service-specific error 1603 (0x643).

What I've tried:
    -Windows Firewall is disabled on Exchange Server
    -Tried running DPMAgentInstaller_x64.exe from Exchange Server

-DPM Server is in DCOM group on Exchange Server
    Most research I find on the internet points to a Windows Firewall issue, but I have this disabled. Also, there are suggestions to manually install the agent but that fails also with the below error:
    -DPMAgentInstaller failed with errorcode =0x80070643, error says: Fatal error during installation.

Check the log files in [WINDIR]Temp\MSDPM*.LOG

Those log files do not provide any additional information.

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Zach

Zach Smith
    Thursday, June 17, 2010 10:05 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your reply.  I rebooted the server last night and the installation worked after that.  Not sure what caused the error. 
    Zach Smith
    • Marked as answer by ZachSmith Friday, June 18, 2010 12:23 PM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 12:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you mail [WINDIR]\Temp\MSDPM*.LOG on Exchange server to vborra [at] microsoft [dot] com for investigating this issue.

-- Thanks Venkata Praveen[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, June 18, 2010 9:20 AM
  • Thanks for your reply.  I rebooted the server last night and the installation worked after that.  Not sure what caused the error. 
    Zach Smith
    • Marked as answer by ZachSmith Friday, June 18, 2010 12:23 PM
    Friday, June 18, 2010 12:23 PM