none
Unable to Print Wrapped Task Names, MS Project 2013, Win 7 RRS feed

• Question

• I am unable to print word wrapped task names in Project 2013? Just the first line of the task name gets printed. Only the first line is visible in the print preview as well.

I use this "support microsoft com kb 2817338". I've installed it and it does not solve this problem.

Could you please help me how to solve this problem.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 3:32 AM

All replies

• I haven't checked my MSP2010 to duplicate your "problem".

However, you can get around the "problem" simply by avoiding it and not having any wrapped text in the task names.

Having rows with various row heights and others one row high just makes the plan very hard to read and it looks horrible when you print it. I always edit the table to prevent text wrapping. View, tables, more tables, edit. You have to keep the task names short while at the same time including enough words to make them adequately descriptive.

To fix the rows, select all tasks (top left corner above the ID numbers) and then grab the lower boundary and squeeze it to one row high. The row height will set all task rows to one row high.

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 7:46 AM
  • Tung Nguyen Hoang,

If the hotfix of KB2817338 is the only (or last) update you applied for Project 2013, I strongly suggest you run Windows update to get all the updates released since that update was released.

If you still have the issue once you are fully updated, make sure you have text wrapping set to "yes" for the Name field in the view table (View > Data group > Tables icon > more tables > edit).

Hope this helps.

John

Tuesday, September 26, 2017 2:00 PM