none
NVidia drivers and MDT RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to learn the basics of MDT in order phase out Acronis in our production envirment. The 1,000 foot overview of our setup here is that we are regularly building different desktops and laptops that fall in to a few different hardware and software configurations. All of these systems have to be heavily hardened for information assuarnce purposes.

My hope is to eventually get a system in place where we can build a base image that includes all of our hardening processes and then apply different packs of drivers and software on top of that base image. It sounds like I can do this through MDT but my most basic of tests failed.

I set up a computer for MDT and built task deployment. I used the install.wim from an OEM Windows 7 CD and downloaded the latest Nvidia drivers (which come in the form of an EXE.) I unpacked the drivers and added everything from that unpack folder to the driver list, created the task, and burned a deployment DVD (We don't have a server to deploy over the network.) Windows installed fine but the video card defauled back to standard VGA. I double checked and I did have drivers enabled.

Is there anything obvious or basic that I am missing?

Thursday, May 7, 2015 5:22 PM

All replies