none
DPM - retention period for inactive protection protected data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, hope someone can answer this for me, in DPM 2012 is there a retention period for inactive protection protected data?, i.e. data in inactive protection protected data get pruned after a set time or does the data need to be deleted manually?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Thursday, April 16, 2015 8:59 AM

Answers

• Hi,

For disk based recovery points, the inactive protected data will remain as is forever since no new recovery points are being created.   Tape and Online recovery points have an absolute expiry date and will be deleted after the expiry date has been crossed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by peter.kearns Friday, April 17, 2015 9:46 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I had a support call with Microsoft (on a different topic) but it did raise the question you have asked.  Apparently the 'inactive' protected data will stay there until you manually delete it.

-TheGoodQuestion

Thursday, April 16, 2015 1:22 PM
  • This will be remained there until you delete it. 
    • Proposed as answer by V Jay Rana Thursday, April 16, 2015 6:26 PM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 6:26 PM
  • Hi,

For disk based recovery points, the inactive protected data will remain as is forever since no new recovery points are being created.   Tape and Online recovery points have an absolute expiry date and will be deleted after the expiry date has been crossed.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by peter.kearns Friday, April 17, 2015 9:46 AM
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 7:20 PM