publicDelegates ADSI attribute = Send On Behalf Permission? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to find out if attribute publicDelegates in ADSI is the same as the attribute of Send On Behalf Permission in ADUC.

• Edited by ck4376 Friday, October 26, 2012 5:30 PM typo
    Friday, October 26, 2012 3:50 PM

Answers

• Please clarify, your question in the subject is asking if publicdelegates = send on behalf which is yes.

However your question in the post is asking if publicdelegates is the same as the attribute of Send As which is no. Not all Exchange store level mailbox permissions map to AD permissions. There is Exchange level permission send-as which does map to AD permission send-as but there is not a publicdelegates permission that maps to a AD permission.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by ck4376 Friday, October 26, 2012 5:29 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 5:04 PM

All replies

• Please clarify, your question in the subject is asking if publicdelegates = send on behalf which is yes.

However your question in the post is asking if publicdelegates is the same as the attribute of Send As which is no. Not all Exchange store level mailbox permissions map to AD permissions. There is Exchange level permission send-as which does map to AD permission send-as but there is not a publicdelegates permission that maps to a AD permission.

James Chong MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+ Security+, Project+, ITIL msexchangetips.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by ck4376 Friday, October 26, 2012 5:29 PM
    Friday, October 26, 2012 5:04 PM
  • oops, I have miss typed the question in the post.

The one in the subject is the question I wanted to ask.

Thanks for your answer. :)

Friday, October 26, 2012 5:29 PM