Installing webserver on Windows 10 Build 1803 - Powershell Script RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am building a developers windows 10 machine who use .NET, Visual C++ and other softwares. They need to have IIS installed on Windows 10 machine. We have a ps script that runs to install these features on Windows Server 2016. I am trying to run this script on the Windows 10 machine. It gives me an error 

Add-WindowsFeature : The term 'Add-WindowsFeature' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, ...................

So, I went and tried and did a "Import-module servermanager"

and it is not able to to load the servermanager since no valid module file was found in any module directory. How can I go about getting this installed. Here is the script shown below that I am trying to run on a Windows 10 machine.

AA2913

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:59 PM

All replies

• Maybe this quick google search will be of help

https://weblog.west-wind.com/posts/2017/may/25/automating-iis-feature-installation-with-powershell

If you find that my post has answered your question, please mark it as the answer. If you find my post to be helpful in anyway, please click vote as helpful. (99,108,97,121,109,97,110,50,64,110,121,99,97,112,46,114,114,46,99,111,109|%{[char]$_})-join''

• Proposed as answer by Rajiv IR Tuesday, July 23, 2019 12:07 PM
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 1:38 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:21 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:21 AM