No macro support RRS feed

• Question

• Error message: you chose to install Office 365 without macro support. I did not do this installation. I need to correct this immediately.

Mr.Bip

Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research, this issue could happen if the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) has not been installed on your computer.

If you installed a click-to-run version of Office, please try running an Online Repair of your Office installation and then test the issue again.

If you have a MSI version of Office installed, please try the following steps to see the result:

1. Exit all the Office applications.

2. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, right click on your Microsoft Office and select Change.

3. Select Add or Remove features and click Continue.

4. Expand Office Shared Features.

5. Click on the down arrow before Visual Basic for Application and select Run from My Computer.

6. Do not change other settings and click Continue.

7. Wait until the configuration complete and check if this issue continues.

In addition, please also have a look at the following Kb article and check if it applies.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/292103

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:45 AM
    Monday, January 11, 2016 6:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Bip,

This forum is for Developer discussions and questions involving Microsoft Word, your issue is more related with Office product, I will move this thread to the more related forum.

Reference: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=word

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 8, 2016 2:12 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my research, this issue could happen if the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) has not been installed on your computer.

If you installed a click-to-run version of Office, please try running an Online Repair of your Office installation and then test the issue again.

If you have a MSI version of Office installed, please try the following steps to see the result:

1. Exit all the Office applications.

2. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features, right click on your Microsoft Office and select Change.

3. Select Add or Remove features and click Continue.

4. Expand Office Shared Features.

5. Click on the down arrow before Visual Basic for Application and select Run from My Computer.

6. Do not change other settings and click Continue.

7. Wait until the configuration complete and check if this issue continues.

In addition, please also have a look at the following Kb article and check if it applies.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/292103

Regards,

Steve Fan
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    • Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, January 19, 2016 9:23 AM
    • Marked as answer by Steve Fan Wednesday, January 20, 2016 9:45 AM
    Monday, January 11, 2016 6:20 AM