Windows Explorer Views RRS feed

• Question

• I keep various types of files on my pc, including many photos.  In general the photos are in a specific set of folders and I would like to set these folders, and these folders only, to be in filmstrip view as in XP.

If I change the settings for one folder it applies the settings to all folders.

Is there a way of changing the view settings for specific folders?  (i.e. like there was in XP).

Sunday, June 26, 2011 8:17 AM

Answers

• From Windows Help and Supporth (Start --> Help and Support --> "Folders: frequently asked questions"):

Why doesn't Windows remember a folder window's size and location on the desktop? "In Windows Vista, a folder window opens at the same size and location on the desktop that it did the last time you closed it, based on the location where the folder is stored. For example, if you resize the Music folder window and then close it, it'll be the same size the next time you open it.

Windows 7 remembers one size and location setting for all your folders and libraries. So each time you open Windows Explorer, it'll open at the same size and location on the desktop that it did the last time you closed it, regardless of which folder or library you open."

See the following thread for more information:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-files/is-remember-each-folders-view-settings/633192ab-e435-48cd-8fcd-999e7195653c

Hope this helps.

• Marked as answer by Niki Han Friday, July 8, 2011 10:00 AM
    Monday, June 27, 2011 5:21 AM