Microsoft App-V Training RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Does Microsoft have an official training course for App-V?  As far as I am aware they don't which seems crazy given how widely used App-V is.

I know there are several non-Microsoft individuals who deliver training courses but given that the company I work for have training hours purchased as part of our Enterprise Agreement they will not be forking out money for non-Microsoft training.

There is a plethora of info on the web about App-V but a Microsoft course would be really useful.  The only thing they did provide which I attended was several years back when Thamim Karim was still working for them.  He did a 3 day course on 4.6 but since then nothing and considering the changes in App-V over the past few years with the upgrade to 5 this is a poor show by Microsoft.

A big shout out to the various individuals (you know who you are) and these forums that provide excellent App-V info.  I'd really struggle without them.

Thanks

Stephen

Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Microsoft offers Workshops / Courses to it's Premier Customers. If you have Premier Support, then you should contact your TAM to get more Details.

Some MVPs also offer Training Classes around the world. (Tim Mangan & Thamim Karim, for exmaple)

This might also be of interest for you: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-694.aspx

Simon Dettling | msitproblog.com | @SimonDettling

• Marked as answer by Scoop180 Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:53 PM
    Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:38 PM
  • Thanks

I'll follow that up and see what is available.

I have looked into Thamim's course but as mentioned there is no money available for 3rd party training considering the MS hours we have available through our EA.

Thursday, October 13, 2016 12:53 PM