Skype for Business Server 2015 Evaluation Extension? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all..

I know that some of the Technet Evaluation licenses can be extended - and I wonder if anyone knows if the S4B 2015 Evaluation can be extended?  We're still dealing with some outside SIP suppliers, and our eval license expired before our proof of concept was completed. <sigh>

Hopefully there's a way to extend that license.

Thanks,

- A

Tuesday, July 19, 2016 3:45 PM

Answers

• Please try the following steps and then check if the error appear again or not:

Log on to the computer as a local administrator.

• Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2015, and then click Skype for Business Server Management Shell.

• In the Skype for Business Server Management Shell, type the following command and then press ENTER:

msiexec.exe /fvomus server.msi EVALTOFULL=1 /qb

Note that you might need to specify the full path to the file server.msi. This file can be found in the Setup folder of the Skype for Business Server Volume media installation files.

• After Setup finishes running, type the following from the command prompt and then press ENTER:

Enable-CsComputer
    • Repeat this procedure on any other Front End Server, Director, or Edge Server running an evaluation copy of Skype for Business Server. This procedure should also be performed on any Branch Office Servers that were deployed by using the Skype for Business Server media installation files.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/c3931d1f-fc2c-4910-ba74-a79b68c20554/the-evaluation-period-for-skype-for-business-server-2015-has-expired?forum=lyncdeploy

and go through this thread aswell

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/890653e5-3281-4356-a583-1edc174a4411/skype-for-business-2015-using-evaluation-key-after-upgrade?forum=sfbfr

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, July 20, 2016 9:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Latest_Andy Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:40 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 5:56 PM
  • Thanks Alice - You are correct!  and I hope that now that my server is back running, that I can convince Finance to let me purchase the full version!
    • Marked as answer by Latest_Andy Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:42 PM

All replies

• Please try the following steps and then check if the error appear again or not:

Log on to the computer as a local administrator.

• Click Start, click All Programs, click Microsoft Skype for Business Server 2015, and then click Skype for Business Server Management Shell.

• In the Skype for Business Server Management Shell, type the following command and then press ENTER:

msiexec.exe /fvomus server.msi EVALTOFULL=1 /qb

Note that you might need to specify the full path to the file server.msi. This file can be found in the Setup folder of the Skype for Business Server Volume media installation files.

• After Setup finishes running, type the following from the command prompt and then press ENTER:

Enable-CsComputer
    • Repeat this procedure on any other Front End Server, Director, or Edge Server running an evaluation copy of Skype for Business Server. This procedure should also be performed on any Branch Office Servers that were deployed by using the Skype for Business Server media installation files.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/c3931d1f-fc2c-4910-ba74-a79b68c20554/the-evaluation-period-for-skype-for-business-server-2015-has-expired?forum=lyncdeploy

and go through this thread aswell

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/office/en-US/890653e5-3281-4356-a583-1edc174a4411/skype-for-business-2015-using-evaluation-key-after-upgrade?forum=sfbfr

Regards, Rajukb | MCSE (Communication ), MCSA (o365) ,Certified "Lync server 2013 depth support engineer"| This posting is providedwith no warranties and confers no rights. If my reply answers your question please mark as answer/helpful if its helpful.

• Proposed as answer by Alice-Wang Wednesday, July 20, 2016 9:09 AM
    • Marked as answer by Latest_Andy Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:40 PM
    Tuesday, July 19, 2016 5:56 PM
  • Hi Latest_Andy,

Agree with Rajukb.

If evaluation period for Microsoft SFB Server has expired, you could upgrade from the evaluation version to the fully licensed version of the product.

To upgrade to the full version you need to download the setup in your server. Then open the Lync Management Shell, then perform the steps provided by Raju.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Awesome!  Thanks Rajukb!
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:40 PM
  • Thanks Alice - You are correct!  and I hope that now that my server is back running, that I can convince Finance to let me purchase the full version!
    • Marked as answer by Latest_Andy Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:44 PM
    Wednesday, July 20, 2016 11:42 PM
  • Hi Latest_Andy,

It's my pleasure to help you.

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 22, 2016 1:52 AM