Pro-Clarity Professional Selected Items Hangs RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I was curious if other Pro-Clarity professional users see a lockout or hanging when browsing the selected items menu.  I am also seeing a lot of potential traffic issues between ProClarity and host. 

Also, the ActiveX control is there a way to have this hold the full meta-data of the cube instead of having to go back and forth to the host to retrieve members?

Thanks,

Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert,

What kind of profiler traffic are you seeing when Pro locks up?  Do you see discover or process statements show up in profiler on the cube you're browsing, and if so what is the duration of those events?  If Pro gets a delayed response from SSAS it will appear to lock up.

Microsoft ProClarity | This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:16 PM
  • Hi Sean,

If you mean processing statements to process a structure, dimensions, partitions, or indexes, we will not have these kind of statements.  We have a specific monthly processing schedule.

I understand that if a delayed response happens that we will see a lockup, but I feel a complete browser lockup or crash should not happen.  Is there a duration or delay value that would create the lockup or browser crash?

Thanks,

Robert

Tuesday, May 11, 2010 5:33 PM