none
Unable to access domain contoller from IP address from Source domain

Question

• Dear Team,

I have Forest Trust between two domain. i have 2 dc in Target domain 2 in source domain.

i am able to access one DC of my target domain contoller from Source domain using IP address and FQDN

Second domain controller where i installed admt only i can access through FQDN not through IP address.

getting no logon servers available  to server the request.

i am able ping the domain contoller ,all the ports are opened. able to solve name via nslookup.

Please suggest.

Monday, December 26, 2016 4:40 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    I would suggest to run the following files on this DC for more details, and you could also go to event viewer to find related event logs:
    ipconfig /all >c:\ipconfig.txt
    dcdiag /v /c /d /e /s:dcname >c:\dcdiag.txt

Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 3:53 AM
  • So if you ping the FQDN it resolves to the same IP address that you are using to access the DC unsuccessfully?

Miguel Fra
    Falcon IT Services
    https://www.falconitservices.com

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 5:55 AM
  • Hello,

In most such situations it occurred, that the statement "all ports are opened" was not in fact correct. Can you please verify if your nodes and network between them has any firewalls?

/Regards

Tuesday, December 27, 2016 4:46 PM
  • It more or less seems to be a DNS issue. Compare the DNS setting of both the DC.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 10:59 AM
  • we have an NS record with my target domain in that only my first DC ip was mentioned. i have remove that record from Source domain now i am able to access from IP
    Wednesday, December 28, 2016 4:27 PM
  • It seems that your DCs are not properly configured. I would advise to refer to my recommendations here for the IP settings: http://www.ahmedmalek.com/web/fr/articles.asp?artid=23

Once done, please run ipconfig /registerdns and restart netlogon service on both DCs then use dcdiag and repadmin commands to check your DCs and AD replication health status. If you have additional failures, please refer to the link I already provided for assistance. To check that AD ports are opened between DCs, you can use PortQry V2 or PortQryUI.

This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Ahmed MALEK

My Website Link

My Linkedin Profile

My MVP Profile

Wednesday, December 28, 2016 8:48 PM
  • Hi,

I am checking how the issue going, if you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

And if the replies as above are helpful, we would appreciate you to mark them as answers, and if you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Appreciate for your feedback.

Best regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, January 2, 2017 6:16 AM