IE10, Outlook 2007, and maybe one other to be identified program hang my machine. RRS feed

• Question

• I have some rough ideas about where the problem is originating but otherwise I'm stumped. Here's the pattern, after I have been in IE for a while I will get the little "busy" circle and nothing responds to the mouse. However, the three fingered salute bring up the menu screen of change users, log off and whatever the rest of it says. I can then pick log off and just for an moment I can see the screen the way it should be when not hung. Then I get the log on screen and log on. Every the machines logs back in just like it is supposed to.

As I was preparing to write this I noticed something odd in the event viewer. I am getting a lot of event id 2, kernel-EventTracing. It also say NT Kernel Logger failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035. I have scanned the machine with NIS, NPE (Norton power eraser), Microsoft essentials and I don't know what else. I haven't been paying a lot of attention to this but I think that once it is hung, it doesn't matter if I log off and on, or power down. There is always the event 2 errors in the log. 

I have searched all over the place and have come up with nothing for this. Anyone have any ideas?

Richard

Tuesday, October 8, 2013 4:23 AM

Answers