Antigen blocking encrypted Winzip document - IllegalMimeHeader RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi

We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 Servers with Antigen 9.1 installed.

If users within our organisation are trying to send password protected Winzip files with AES encryption, then they receive the following message;

Microsoft Antigen for Exchange found a message matching a filter. The message is currently Purged.
    Filter name: "IllegalMimeHeader"
    Sent from: "User1"
    Folder: "SMTP Messages\Inbound And Outbound"

I am guessing Antigen is blocking the message because it cannot scan the files within the ZIP file, but why is it coming out with the message that the header is illegal? I would have thought the header was ok?

Any ideas?

Thx

Saturday, September 27, 2008 10:52 PM

Answers

•  

For anyone's future reference;

I sent a test mail between some Google Mail accounts and checked the header information.

There are two conflicting content-type headers, hence Antigen considers it an illegal header.

• Marked as answer by Pancamo Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:47 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:04 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have a look at the following article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939418

Regards,

Johan

blog: www.johanveldhuis.nl

Sunday, September 28, 2008 5:11 PM
  • Supplement info

Illegal MIME header: it can be enabled to Purge: eliminate message” (the default) or “Ignore” the message. Illegal MIME headers are headers that have multiple Content-Type, Content-Transfer Encoding, or Content-Disposition headers; or messages where the Content-Disposition or Content-Type header is longer that it is supposed to be.

Monday, September 29, 2008 7:41 AM
  • Thanks guys, so is the Antigen software actually acting as it should, or is there an error?

I noticed this article as well;

http://kbalertz.com/925784/Antigen-Exchange-block-legitimate-messages-because-include-redundant-items.aspx

Do I need to apply this hotfix?

Cheers

Thursday, October 2, 2008 7:21 PM
  • Any ideas guys?

Friday, October 31, 2008 6:14 AM
  •  

For anyone's future reference;

I sent a test mail between some Google Mail accounts and checked the header information.

There are two conflicting content-type headers, hence Antigen considers it an illegal header.

• Marked as answer by Pancamo Tuesday, June 23, 2009 7:47 PM
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 11:04 PM