windows 7 black screen RRS feed

• Question

• my computer has recently come to a halt.

when i start up ther computer instead of the desktop coming up i get a black screen with a cursor. i cannot open task manager and have tried running it in safe mode. any ideas?

Friday, October 14, 2011 5:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Now, the current situation is you cannot start your computer successfully, can you boot into Safe Mode?

If so, I would like to try system restore to go back to a previous status which there was no BOSD phenomenon.

And scan your Windows 7 fully to clear virus impact:

How do I remove a computer virus?

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:09 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:59 AM

All replies

• We have seen many root kits that cause the same symptoms, so make sure you check the computer for any virus infections.

Thank you! Computer Repair in Kissimmee
    Friday, October 14, 2011 7:38 PM
  • howcan i check for viruses when the computer has a black screen and nothing else? highly unlike;y to have viruses as it has only 1 game on it for a year and has never been on the internet
    jr jones
    Friday, October 14, 2011 8:28 PM
  • Hi,

Now, the current situation is you cannot start your computer successfully, can you boot into Safe Mode?

If so, I would like to try system restore to go back to a previous status which there was no BOSD phenomenon.

And scan your Windows 7 fully to clear virus impact:

How do I remove a computer virus?

Alex Zhao

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Cloud_TS Wednesday, October 26, 2011 2:09 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 5:59 AM
  • Hi there, the best thing to do would be to insert your Windows 7 install disk, and choose the 'repair computer' option. From here you can ask it to repair start up issues or restore your computer to a time when it worked.
    Tuesday, November 15, 2011 11:43 AM