none
Auto-Sorting by Resource after Expanding a Section RRS feed

• Question

• MP 2019 Professional. I have a 600 line plan with a LOT of different sections and subtasks. I opened the plan yesterday and MULTIPLE sections had been reordered and had lost their formatting (background colors, text formatting). I thought that someone else on my team did that on accident, using some sort of sort function, but when I started reordering the lines, adding back the formatting, I opened a subsection below the section I had just formatted and the section above it reordered itself, and all I can figure out is that it sorted by resource name. Empty resource name on top, and then alphabetical by resource name. Has anyone come across this? Is this some setting that I didn't know about that's causing this??
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 11:14 PM

Answers

• "some sort of sort function"?

On the view ribbon, there is a sort button and an outline button. Also, the filter and group drop downs.

Make sure there is no filter or group active. Outline to all tasks and sort by ID.

• Marked as answer by Steph635 Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:46 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:25 AM

All replies

• "some sort of sort function"?

On the view ribbon, there is a sort button and an outline button. Also, the filter and group drop downs.

Make sure there is no filter or group active. Outline to all tasks and sort by ID.

• Marked as answer by Steph635 Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:46 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 12:25 AM
  • That did it. I looked at the Sort by Custom... and the top one showed resource name. I have no idea how that got there!

Thank you!

• Proposed as answer by Trevor Rabey Wednesday, June 5, 2019 9:19 PM
    Wednesday, June 5, 2019 4:45 PM