none
Mailboxes stuck together RRS feed

• Question

• We have an issue where an IT support person will open a users mailbox, but sometimes some mailboxes will stay there even after they've closed them.

One guy literally has four other boxes in his list, and they don't show up in the account list to close.

If he adds them to the account list, they show up twice.

We removed his access from the mailboxes, but that doesn't make them go away.

Any help with why this would be appreciated.

Alert from Microsoft Forum

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:01 PM

All replies

• Have you checked the automapping feature for the mailbox account?

I would try to add the permission and remove it agai. Something like:

(from MS)

Get-MailboxPermission -Identity john@contoso.com -User "Username"

Returns permissions that the user Username has on John's mailbox.

To check and then either of the following
    Add-MailboxPermission -Identity Test1 -User User -AccessRight FullAccess  -Automapping $false

Remove-MailboxPermission -Identity Test1 -User User -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 5:20 PM
  • I ran the Get script against one of the mailboxes.

The results were:

AccessRights                                                IsInherited Deny
    ------------                                                ----------- ----
    {FullAccess}                                                False       True
    {FullAccess}                                                True        True
    {FullAccess, DeleteItem, ReadPermission, ChangePermissio... True        False

He only had access via a group, and never directly.

I tried the Remove script but that didn't work either:

WARNING: An inherited access control entry has been specified: [Rights: CreateChild, Delete, ReadControl, WriteDacl, WriteOwner, ControlType: Allow]  and was ignored on object

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 7:02 PM
  • Does it appear on OWA or just Outlook?

What happens if he creates a new OUtlook profile, is it still there?

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 8:30 PM
  • OWA only shows other mailboxes when you click on the "Other Mailbox Option" so it wouldn't show up there (and I had them check just in case).

We blew his entire mailbox away (disabled it, and removed it), and made him another box, on another Exchange Server in the organization (a whole other physical server with different DB's) and when he logged in, all four mailboxes were still there.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:01 PM
  • DId he also create a new Outlook profile, just in case?

It sounds to me like he has some lingering permisions somewhere.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 10:49 PM
  • The profile was deleted before the mailbox was.

Another profile was made on a completely different workstation, and it still happens.

This is an Exchange issue.

Tuesday, May 28, 2019 11:01 PM